• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Abit KG7-Raid Overclocking

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jmoore71

Hey everyone,
Last night I decided to overclock my Athlon 1.4 and my FSB. I got my FSB from 133 to 147 which then made my proc run at 1.54 Ghz. If I try to get my FSB to 150 it won't boot to the OS. I ran 3DMark2001 afterwards and got a score of 7109. My proc temp was 45c. Is this temp OK? I'm musing the stock heatsink but with a 7000 rpm delta fan and arctic silver II. My ram is 2 sticks of enhanced 2400 OCZ ram. What are some of the overclocking specs you guys have got and what temp is your proc? Any additional advice would also be appreciated

AMD 1.4 @ 1.54
Abit KG7-Raid
Hercules Game Theater XP
2 x 256 OCZ 2400 DDR
Two 20 gig IBM 60gxp's in raid 0
Coolermaster ATXs aluminum case
Enermax 431 watt power supply
Toshiba 16x DVD
TDK Velocd 12x10x32
Adaptec 29160
IBM 18.2 SCSI 10,000RPM Drive (for OS only)
USR 56k External Modem
3Com NIC

With a System like that , i whould go with Watercooler + a high watt Peltier ..
I know ppl that have OC there 1400 to 150 X 13 (1950)
and some Even Higher !!!The temp at 1950 still didn´t go over 42 Celsius,some did go lower.. (depending on the WaterSystem)
: Defender

I've got the same system as you and am about to embark on a journey to plus-1.4. Haven't even unlocked the chip yet but when I do (when I get the time to pop out the mobo and pull the chip) I'll try your setup.

On another note, I was wondering if you had any luck with the over 13x setting of the multiplier in softmenu3....or is 13x the highest that the KG7 RAID will let you go even with an unlocked chip? Do you know anything about this? I'd love to. Thanks.

"I've got the same system as you and am about to embark on a journey to plus-1.4. Haven't even unlocked the chip yet but when I do (when I get the time to pop out the mobo and pull the chip) I'll try your setup."

your chip should already be unlocked. Most 1.4 TB 266 are unlocked. you should be able to change the multiplier in the bios.

donny_paycheck said:
I've got the same system as you and am about to embark on a journey to plus-1.4. Haven't even unlocked the chip yet but when I do (when I get the time to pop out the mobo and pull the chip) I'll try your setup.
All 1.4GHz 266FSB chips are not locked.

tried it without the L1s closed, no dice.....I set the clock or FSB speeds to anything but their defaults in CMOS and I get the blank screen with whirring fans.

Popped out the CPU and put a ticonderoga #1 to the L1s and started up after trying new FSB and multiplier settings, still no dice. Same brain dead comp with whirring fans and drives.

So now I'm at a brick wall. L1s are penciled in and I think fairly well cuz I used a 40x stereo inspection microscope to do it so I KNOW they're not crossed. Whenever I change either the FSB or multiplier I get a blank screen and need to use the jumper to discharge CMOS and reload from the defaults.

What should I do now? Man, I used to be good at this stuff but now it seems I suck. You guys got any ideas? They're welcome here.

!st there is no need to unlock to change the fsb. 2nd The chip is most likely already unlocked. Clear the cmos with the jumper(make sure you unplug power from wall first). then boot into bios and start over at default values. See that everything is working. Just to make sure you have a stable system at default values. Here is a link to a site with a lot on info on the KG7-R.
http://www.viahardware.com/faq/kg7kr7/kg7kr7faq.htm
Read all of it. there is a lot of important info.

Back