• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Abit KG7-Raid Volt Mod

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

hardlined

Registered
Anyone know a link to a good volt mod hotwo for the abit kg7-raid motherboard? All the how-to's I find either don't give enough info (i.e. when you volt mod do the higher voltages show up in the bios, or how to you choose voltage etc.) or are in german, any help would be appreciated.

i personally would not ever get a volt mod for a comp again but if you are interested for real then goto www.ocinside.de they have detailed instructions if you can read german they have away you can get into english.

SpyderMatrix said:
i personally would not ever get a volt mod for a comp again but if you are interested for real then goto www.ocinside.de they have detailed instructions if you can read german they have away you can get into english.

Care to share your experiences?

i bought the parts for a volt mod seeing that i know enough about electricity and how to use a soddering iron i went to work on my KT7 not my KT7a which is worse now and i went to turn it on and no post i looked in the case made sure the connections were ok and they seemed to be i tried to post it for about 3 hours and finally i took the board out of my case and put up a magnifying glass up to where the volt mod was and it was burnt really bad and i called the guys that i know from work they told me that what ever i put that mod on is about dead so i took the board to them the next day and they did some tests on it and they told me 2 days later that it was dead and that i might want to remove it clean up the burnt marks and RMA it so i did and i still havent gotten a rma number or an email response. Now i also bought an KT7A-Raid board from this guy on ebay he said the board was professionally volt modded and the athlon was professionally unlocked but it was unlocked by the pencil trick and when i got it i had to repencil it any way the volt mod was home done not pro done there were strands of wire hanging off the leg that were missed from the bad soddering job well i looked further with my magnifying glass again and there where some tiny little burnt marks where the stray strands of wire where and so i bought my current rig and i am not modding it that is my experience

Back