• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ABIT KG7-Raid

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

01_VTEC SE

anyone with this board able to get the higher multipliers for a T-Bred B? If so, how? What bios were you using?

Thanks in advance :D

ldg

Registered
You sure can use a T-bred in the KG7-R. In fact as I write this my 1700XP T-bred is running and showing as a 2000xp T-bred. Others have gone alot farther. Check out the forums at Abit web site and check under Motherboards, Phased Out Motherboards. There is alot of information and some real surprising results. If you flash your bios to the new DM Bios, that just came out, the KG7-R (and the rest of the KG7 group) will all recoginize the XP T-breds directly up to 2200+ in the bios. There are also those that are going to 2400 and higher but you will have to read their post on those. I was looking for the same information that you ask when I came up your thread. Found this information in that forum and set mine to 2000+ in the last 30 min. Rather great and cheap for what would be called by some an old board, hu.

Update: I have been running her through some tuff testing for the past several hours and not a hickup.

Last edited:
OP

01_VTEC SE

do you have a link to the forums? I have it running at 2400+ speeds right now.

thanks for the reply :D

ldg

Registered
SE, I'm sorry to show my lack of knowledge with one of these things when it come to postings but I do not know how to place a link in a message like this or I most assuredly would (us old retired guys are like that you know, at least I am :). But the long route is this - Go to www.abit-usa.com - clk on Forums - scroll down to the Motherboards section - at the bottom of this section clk on Phased out motherboards - Your there. Hope this helps.