• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Abit KT7A Is Capable Of An AthlonXP (BIG NEWS! A MUST READ FOR OWNERS!)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

OC-Master

People were starting to get sick with the news of the revisions 1.0~1.2 of the Abit KT7 motherboards not working. Well, I'm here to tell you that story isnt completely true.

Short and sweet, with the release of the bios 4A, the AthlonXP 1600+ runs flawlessly. Thou, the PR system isnt used and you only see the true MHz (better deal:) ), the 1600+ comes up as an AThlon MP 1400. And SSE is there!

I also know someone who bought an Athlon XP1900+ today and will be trying it out on there KT7A-R Rev V1.1 . this will be interesting.

http://fae.abit.com.tw/eng/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=2&t=001731&p=3

Just a good sine for us KT7A owners, keep your heads up. I'm gonna rocket an XP2400+ in my KT7A-R if it ever gets that far! 2GHz!!!!

AXIA said:
People were starting to get sick with the news of the revisions 1.0~1.2 of the Abit KT7 motherboards not working. Well, I'm here to tell you that story isnt completely true.

Short and sweet, with the release of the bios 4A, the AthlonXP 1600+ runs flawlessly. Thou, the PR system isnt used and you only see the true MHz (better deal:) ), the 1600+ comes up as an AThlon MP 1400. And SSE is there!

I also know someone who bought an Athlon XP1900+ today and will be trying it out on there KT7A-R Rev V1.1 . this will be interesting.

http://fae.abit.com.tw/eng/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=2&t=001731&p=3

Just a good sine for us KT7A owners, keep your heads up. I'm gonna rocket an XP2400+ in my KT7A-R if it ever gets that far! 2GHz!!!!
Just were in the world are you getting a XP2400?

I dunno where Id get an XP2400+, I'm just saying that if a processor like that comes out next year, it would definately be in my Machine :D

This, most certainly, is good news. I kinda had a hunch that the processor would work.... the question is, will this ever be an Abit-supported configuration? Probably not.

Anyway, now that I have gotten around to buying an XP-capable DDR board, this is pretty irrelevant to me anyway.

SB

wait
i just realized something.....
WHY WOULD AN MP RUN ON MY BOARD BUT AN XP WONT?

i have the v1.1

i donno. but i was wondering the samething. because the morgan core (duron) does run.

maybe it's something to do with the pr ratings. Maybe the board can't display the ratings correctly.

Anyway, i'm considering picking up and xp and seeing if it'll run well.

AXIA said:
I dunno where Id get an XP2400+, I'm just saying that if a processor like that comes out next year, it would definately be in my Machine :D
OOOOOOOOOOOhhhhhhhhhhhh..... now I get it:p

...I would really like a reply to this please.
Bump.
An XP with 512meg of ram and an ATI Radeon, I want to know if this setup will work.

What about a KT7-Raid will it work on one of these I know it would be limited to 200FSB but I would rather spend the cash on an XP than a TB and upgrade my MB later

Bose

Uh oh..That page says that the rev 1.0 did not even post..that is what I had, and that is what I maybe be geting unless the store will let me have the pick of the pile...
I dont care as long as it works really...
1gig meg of ram will come later after all 3 systems are built...
Not sure if Windows Me will use all of that ( 1 of the systems will have WinMe other 2 Win2000)

Back