• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Abit NF7-S Rev.2 Weird problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Hc000

Abit NF7-S Rev.2 No OC?

My friend just recived his NF7 from newegg today an I am having a hard time OCing his computer.

He has AMD 2100+ with AGOIA stepping (default 13x133 @ 1.75v)
with Corsair 512 MB PC3200 C2
Antec TruePower 430w
Maxtor 2x 200GB HDD

When I changed the FSB to 166 and multi to 11 @ same vcore it wouldn't post. I then changed vcore by .5 until it is @ 2.0 and it would still not Post.

Everything in the bios is left unchanged except for FSB/Multi/Vcore.

It boots @ 13x152 @ 1.9 Vcore, but not anyless, and I can't get more OC out of it.

Am I doing something wrong ? I did the same thing on my Epox 8rda+ and it works (lower multi and raise fsb with no change in vcore)

Last edited:

Highlander

Have you checked things like memory dividers?
Its a pally chip, not 100% sure but arent they factory locked by default? So changin the multis wouldnt have any effect.....?

Miguita

You can try to do the L12-mod. Also try to disable things like AGP/FSB Spread Spectrum, Thermal Throttling, Video RAM cachable, System BIOS cacheable, etc. Perhaps you'll also have to up the NB-voltage.

OP
H

Hc000

I was under the impression that NForce2 boards unlocks the chips.

I left the memory divider @ auto since I had corsair PC3200 it can go up to 200MHZ so i don't think that was a problem.

enduro

Just set it to anything that is 1:1 so you don't have to worry about it. The memory divider is usually the main reason that most NF7's won't post. Another is trying to use a multiplier locked cpu on something other than it's stock multiplier. Have you tried upping the fsb and leaving the multiplier stock? Try that first.

OP
H

Hc000

Yeah, I realized that I can't change the multiplier. It lets me change it in the bios, but it does not change when it Posted. It stayed @ 13x.

It DOES boot @ 13x152 @ 2v but that is way too high for comfort and it did crash in the bios screen.

I Looked up some oc results from 2100+ pally and the highest was achieved @ 2200mhz on DRY ICE!

So maybe it might be better to just get a tbred-b 1800+ and oc it.

Tebore

What you need to do is to connect the L1. The multiplyer is locked that's why you can't post when you change the mult.

It should do 1800mhz easy, so a 9x200 if you can unlock the chip, is in order.

You'll need at least 1.85volts and a good heatsink to get a good oc outta it.

OP
H

Hc000

Not sure if the chip is pally or not, wouldn't tbred a still be locked also ? Will connect L1 bridges tomorrow, thanks for the help guys.