• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Abit to FIX Intel TEMP issues finally!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

chasingapple

Well, I complained and moaned, and finally after 100's of posts from other people at the Abit forums, I YES I was able to get them motivated to fix the issue, lol. Anyway, I am very happy that Abit is finally fixing the problem, its only about a year old :eek:

Here is the Official responce thread

Abit fix thread

and here is the thread I started over at the Abit forums (Im OCAddict there)

MY Thread

Glad I was able to spark such a quick responce and the BIOS fix is coming early next week! Rejoice Abit fans!

j2me_tech

chasingapple:

u da man. VOLALE!!VOLALE!! i hope i can give u my slk900-u. :D :p :cool: :) :eek: finally we can get accurate temp with our abit board. who shall we thanks? hehe..

neway, since that u word seems 2 be persuading, ask them to fix the low ddr voltage setting okie?? :p

Last edited:
OP
chasingapple

chasingapple

j2me_tech said:
chasingapple:

u da man. VOLALE!!VOLALE!! i hope i can give u my slk900-u. :D :p :cool: :) :eek: finally we can get accurate temp with our abit board. who shall we thanks? hehe..

neway, since that u word seems 2 be persuading, ask them to fix the low ddr voltage setting okie?? :p

What kind of power supply you got? and what readings are you getting?

j2me_tech

chasingapple,

enermax 360 watt, load temp was 61, but when i touch the heatsink, it's not that warm. :) so they'll fix it in bios version?

CrazyP

I would laugh if all they do is give the "appearance" of lower temps, lol

OP
chasingapple

chasingapple

j2me_tech said:
chasingapple,

enermax 360 watt, load temp was 61, but when i touch the heatsink, it's not that warm. :) so they'll fix it in bios version?

Ok now how many pieces of hardware are installed, it might be that all you need is a beefier powersupply. Give me all of your system specs and I will see what the problem might be...could be the powersupply is also going bad, but hit me with some specs.

OP
chasingapple

chasingapple

CrazyP said:
I would laugh if all they do is give the "appearance" of lower temps, lol

Quite the opposite, right now they are giving the appearance of higher temps, they needed to calibrate the winbond chip and the bios software / winbond software. Nothing is actually wrong with the sensors themselves :)

j2me_tech

chasingapple,

i think u get me wrong. i'm not having any problem with my rig, just tat i need higher vdimm to push my ram over 460mhz. tat's exactly y i ask u 2 persuade them 2 allow higher vdimm. :p feel sorry to make u confused. :rolleyes:

so any idea abit will get it fix by bios or ??

OP
chasingapple

chasingapple

j2me_tech said:
chasingapple,

i think u get me wrong. i'm not having any problem with my rig, just tat i need higher vdimm to push my ram over 460mhz. tat's exactly y i ask u 2 persuade them 2 allow higher vdimm. :p feel sorry to make u confused. :rolleyes:

so any idea abit will get it fix by bios or ??

No I understood what you meant, sometimes if the PS is under stress it will not give enough juice to one of the rails, or the Mobo is undervolting the Vdimm. You have the latest BIOS?

j2me_tech

chasingapple,

;) thanks for being so helpful. here's a screenshot of my hwMonitor(load)-->
hwMonitor.JPG
any problem with that??

neway, i'm using the latest bios, v1.3. :)

OP
chasingapple

chasingapple

j2me_tech said:
chasingapple,

;) thanks for being so helpful. here's a screenshot of my hwMonitor(load)-->
hwMonitor.JPG
any problem with that??

neway, i'm using the latest bios, v1.3. :)

Yep, looking at your +12v it looks as if the PS is under some stress. I would upgrade to an enermax or antec 400+ watt and see what happens. Usually if too many things (fans, drives, etc) are plugged into the PS is tends to wash out the voltages under load. More juice is always a good thing ;)