• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

abit..

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Kaneda

does abit make a duallie board? i remember seeing one but i cant find it anywhere wa-** something?

thanks,
Drew

ok i was right WA-2A, but im still having problems finding it, tried google/yahoo, newegg, motherboards.com, and not a damn thing!!

I thought they never made a board? They were just planning to but it never came out? Maybe I'm wrong though :confused:

maybe thats it.

so how about the MSI K7D Master-L? anyone have experience with this board?

Kaneda said:
nobody? i cant find shiat on this abit mobo!

Yes, it's the WA-2A. I was looking for it myself some time ago. It's only sold to OEMs though, so we'll never see it. It's WATX format like the Tyan Thunder although no onboard SCSI. It also needs the special PSU that the Thunder uses. Overclocking options I'm not sure about.

On the note of the K7D Master, I couldn't agree more. Hands down the best duallie AMD board around, especially for overclocking.

I agree. The MSI K7D Master is the best dual overclocking board. I have three of them, now. They are incredible.

You will find a lot of people on this forum with this motherboard. It is highly regarded.

To amplify on just exactly WHY it's the best:
  • Votage adjustments (no others have this)
  • Multiplier adjustments (no others have this, AFAIK, CRITICAL to overclocking)
  • FSB speed adjustment
  • ALL DRAM tweaks
The Master-L is my recommendation due to an integrated NIC. This way you won't have to use a more-scarce 32-bit PCI slot for a NIC, which is good because they're limited. I have a Master-L and two 1.3 Morgans running at 1470 and 1.8v.

thanks for all the info guys. i guess im going to go get the msi board. should i get a 500w psu?

Kaneda said:
thanks for all the info guys. i guess im going to go get the msi board. should i get a 500w psu?

That depends. What type of CPUs will you be using? Also, what peripherals will you be running, i.e. expansion cards, drives, etc.

A pair of Durons, a 5400 hard drive, generic video card and 512mb of RAM will run fine on a 400w PSU, maybe even a 350w. For a non-stripped down "normal" system configuration I would say yes, go with a 500w PSU.

My rig is running on a cheap 400Watter.

Dual XPs, 512Meg RAM, GeForce 4 graphics, one Hard disk and one optical drive.

Plus three PCI cards.

Stable as a rock.

David

i wanted to run 2 xp1600's, cdrom, cdrw, sound card.. and thats really it cant think of anything else. oh and a small 10gig 5400rpm hd running linux.

You dont need 500 watts for a dual AMD setup unless you are planning to use extrordinary cooling. Count on 80 watts more than for a normal single system. 400 watts will do fine.

thanks, i will go 400w then.

again thanks for all the info everyone.

Back