• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Abite KT7E motherboard

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

supraway

A lot of people have been talking about this new motherboard. Well, I was fortunate enough to recieve one. Abit has given the overclocking community an ability far surpassing any entry-level board ever before. One concern I have seen is the FSB settings. This is only a 100fsb certified board (200/2) but I have now successfully pushed my Duron 800 to 1.066Ghz (133 x eight) running just perfectly. I even got the computer to post at 140mhz fsb, but couldn't get Prime 95 to run without errors. I only paid US$120 for the board after shipping and tax, and it was WELL worth it. I have yet to find something this board is lacking (besides RAID). Besides that, IT IS BLUE.

Seems like a good purchase to me... Would you mind comparing the PCB to a KT7A-RAID? I'd like to know, on a theoretical basis, if KT7E can be RAIDed using a chip from KT7A. If you check, I've already posted a topic conserning that one.

BTW, you absolutely must have a vid.card by Hercules/Guillemot, as their PCB is also blue.

Back