• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

? About 19" viewsonic!!! "Help"

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
it depends on what resolution you like to run. I'd go with the 199.00 one myself, the optimal resolution on it is 1280x1024 at 80mhz refresh. That is a good size and with the refresh rate at 80 using the monitor for long periods of time won't hurt your eyes. The only difference between the two is the optimal resolution/refresh. Decide which is better for you.

Well I can seem yo find what the max refresh rate is for the 1st on with a optimial 1200x1600 res. My friend's 19" dell does 85 @ 1280x1024. I want something close to that so I hope the 1st one has a better refresh.

Well. Personally I will never buy a viewsonic monitor again, as the longevity just isn't there with them. I have gone through 2 of thier monitors in very short times. Had a 17" that lasted just 3 years and my recent death of a 4 year old G90 (I mean comon I have old 17's from nec and other companies that have been working since 1996). Granted viewsonic makes crt's with the best color richness/saturation and brightness, but replacing thier monitors every 3 or so years is a discouraging factor for me. I have since switched to the Samsung 213T LCD and I won't be looking back!.

Back