• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

? about 9700p Performance

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Maglin

I just recently changed my video card from a very old outdated GF2 32MB Ram to a new 9700p 128.... I have the Video card OCed to 396/335 core/mem. I'm running a 1.4Ghz Tbird OCed to 1533 with 512 MB of Ram... I can't get over 1031 marks in 3DMark2001SE... I'm almost running Win XP Pro...

I have the 3.2 Cats installed and useing Rage3D to OC my Card... I'm wondering if I'm actually doing ok as I have a Fairly slower computer than most people these days... I wanted to build a 2.4b w/ a springdale board but the wife only gave a $300 budget so the Video card was the thing to get for now...

Also I read about some people useing a different 9700p bios on their cards.. Is it really worth it to go that route and if so where can these bios be found... Thank you much for any input...

Oh yeah and I did reformat my HD after the install as I couldn't get over 8500 marks jumping from Nvidia to ATI... ATI rocks btw... Image quality is far superiour over Nvidia...

Maglin

jrbob

Hello, you need to go into the driver control panel and turn all of the settings down and make sure that Vsync is turned off. An other place to start is with tweeking the the OS.

OP
M

Maglin

Thanks for the info... forgot to tweak xp up as far as services go... I have done everything else... not a newb here... Just my scores seems a little low wondered if it's just my system... only have 133 mhz FSB...

OC Noob

Your processor is holding you WAY back in 3dmark2k1, but the good news is when you run games at high quality it stresses the card a lot more and your processor won't be as big of a bottleneck.

cozmo_d

1031 marks in 3DMark2001SE

Something seems wrong here!!!

Either you entered the wrong # or ur scoring way way too low
Or u ment 10310 ? wich still seems low

OP
M

Maglin

Opps it's 10,031... This is on Default Settings in 3DMark2001 SE Build 230 or 330 can't remember but it's the one for DX9... I've pretty much tweaked everything that I can... I have fast writes and write combining turned off... I've done a clean install and am useing the lates 4in1 drivers out their...

I mainly wanted to know if it's just my CPU is just to slow... Which I was thinking it was just wanted a confirmation on it...
I have the 9700p OCed to 396/335 which is as far as it will go... I never get artifacts but if I go up on Mhz more on either the core or the memory then it lockes up.... I'm hopeing that the 3.4 CAT's will help me out some... My game run smothly so it's not a hugh consern... Just seemed a little low...