• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

? about the Alpha pal 6035

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Resqme

Hi all

i just got the Alpha pal 6035, and in the instructions it has the fan set for sucking air away from the heat sink, Is it better that way? or would it be better
to have it blowing down on the heat sink like most of the HSF i have used?

Thanks

Thanks TT120 I also have made a little mod on my computer , i did a little duct work on the inside sucking air out, i think i will turn it more towards the Alpha when i install it ,Who knows maybe it will help even better

Thanks

TT120 (May 18, 2001 10:17 a.m.):
I got the best results on my Alpha when I had the fan sucking the air from the heatsink.

I did the same thing. IT made about a 6c difference in temps. I would highly recomend it. :)

KaHNZa (May 18, 2001 12:18 p.m.):
TT120 (May 18, 2001 10:17 a.m.):
I got the best results on my Alpha when I had the fan sucking the air from the heatsink.

I did the same thing. IT made about a 6c difference in temps. I would highly recomend it. :)

Mine is set the same way, I got better results this way. When its sucking, the temp is around 4'C lower than when its blowing.

Thanks guys it does do better sucking. I tried both ways and it looks like an average of 6 to 7c drop for me. but i also have a duct that i made with a 60mm fan in pointing at the alpha sucking the air out of the case. The alpha is actually cooling better than my Fop 32 was

Back