• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

About to purchase an 8K3A+

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Mike K

Im building a new system(for me this time:) ) and am going to get a EPoX 8K3A+. This will be my first EPoX board and I was wondering if there is anything I should look out for to avoid any conflicts while setting up or any hardware conflicts. I will also be using an Athlon XP 1600+, a GoldenGate 40 hsf, and Crucial 256MB PC2100 DDR. Does anyone see any potential conflicts with this particular setup? Also, I only want the RAID ports so I can run my CD-RW and DVD on seperate channels. Is there a problem in doing this?

NeoMoses

I sure hope there are no conflicts with that, as that is almost identical to the system I just ordered. 8K3A+, XP1600+, AX-7 HSF, 256 MB Crucial PC2100.

I should be getting mine on Tuesday, so I'll try to update you'all on how it goes.

OP
Mike K

Mike K

Whoa! Im getting the exact same stuff except for the hsf. Im getting a Golden Gate 40. Also the DDR is from Crucials website. The price on Crucial.com with 2 day shipping is the same as Newegg OEM Crucial with $6 shipping. Where did you order your parts from? Let me know how it goes.

NeoMoses

I got all my stuff from NewEgg, even the RAM. I ordered quite a bit at once, so shipping wasn't that bad. Although, next time I might try getting the proc. from TCWO.com. They seem to have good prices on Pricewatch, but they don't have a great selection like NewEgg.

tyshy

at www.resellerratings.com they have tcwo with really good ratings by pple with many good experiences with them so i would say go with them. I am about to get a proc from them...the 1800 so i hope the prices drop a little. Also, they are cheap with shipping.