• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AC 97 audio + polk audio speakers = no go

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Rafterman223

i build my friend an ultra budget computer a half a year ago. it has an EPoX 8K3A motherboard and i was planning on using the integrated audio. he used it with his old HP monitor/speaker set. for months now he's told me that its fine, but he just claimed that all along there was no sound! I checked in the BIOS and the audio is enabled, nothing's muted, it says that the device is working properly, and it's plugged in the line in thing. what could be wrong? He claims that the polk speakers used to work fine. please help with this one. i would like an answer by tomorrow afternoon. thanks too all who reply! ;)

advanR

his OS might be messed up. has it been like a year before a reinstall?

loudblaster

You said it's plugged in the line in thing?

Are you sure this is where it is pluged in?

The line out on the sound card needs to be pluged into the line in on the speakers. Just some obviouse things you could check.

cullam3n

Has it ever worked before? If it hasn't, did you use the cd that came with the motherboard to install the audio drivers? You don't get any audio until you do that.

-PC