• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AC Line filters?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I use a triplite iso bar it works for me and my problems with flickering. But may be your problem is much worse then my problem.

Yeah I think my issue is the flickering and lower AC voltage...

Yeah I think my issue is the flickering and lower AC voltage...

When you're checking the voltage, does whatever tool you're using have a Hz meter? It should be 60 Hz all the time, and that should NEVER fluctuate. In Texas, the PUC gets involved if that ever goes +-0.03 Hz for more than a few seconds. Not sure what Canada's rules are, but if that is fluctuating, then you have every right to yell loudly and rudely at your electric company.

When you're checking the voltage, does whatever tool you're using have a Hz meter? It should be 60 Hz all the time, and that should NEVER fluctuate. In Texas, the PUC gets involved if that ever goes +-0.03 Hz for more than a few seconds. Not sure what Canada's rules are, but if that is fluctuating, then you have every right to yell loudly and rudely at your electric company.
The one I have here can't.

The one at my dad's work can, and last year IIRC I saw 57-59 Hz, usually 59Hz.. Something like that

Last edited:
Back