• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Acceptable Temps?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

JasonW

Registered
This is my first OCd system. I have a Gainward GS GeForce3 Ti 200, OC info is below in my sig. What is the acceptable temp range I am shooting for?

slim_lim

Welcome to the forums. As long as heat doesn't cause your card to crash and/or display artifacts, your temperatures are acceptable.

RainMaQer

3D God
JasonW said:
This is my first OCd system. I have a Gainward GS GeForce3 Ti 200, OC info is below in my sig. What is the acceptable temp range I am shooting for?

Artifacts and instability can show up at or around 50*C. But not always... Real problems should start above 50*C.... like 55*C would be too high. What temps are you getting now?

OP
J

JasonW

Registered
Thanks for the replies. I just played No One Lives Forever for about an hour and I never saw it get higher than 41C but was normally around 39.5C.

OP
J

JasonW

Registered
I got mine through Directron.com although I've seen some better deals through Pricewatch.com. Directron was the only place I could find a silver bezel and I was too lazy to paint my own. :p

ThePunkGeek

air cooling anything under 50 is good but i never like to see 40.

the asus boards don't usually show the real temps (usually off around 8-10)
i would also like your video card wanna send it to me :D

(8 more post till 1000!)

:beer:

OP
J

JasonW

Registered
I figure it can't hurt and I am also fairly new to this so I still get a bit nervous. Being able to monitor the temps gives me peace of mind. ;)