• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

According to CPU-Z , Core Voltage is not stable , even if it is forced in BIOS

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SiPCeK

Caution! Completely newbie to PSU "thing", I try to do my best to explain the situation.

First - my parts:

CPU: AMD FX-8370 (Vishera)
MB: MSI 760GA-P43(FX)(MS-7699)
RAM: Kingston 8GB KIT DDR3 1866MHz CL9 HyperX Savage Series (2x = 32 RAM)
GPU: GIGABYTE GeForce GTX 1080 G1 Gaming
Disk Internal: SSD disk Samsung 850 Pro 128GB (system Windows 10 Pro)
SSD disk Kingston SSDNow V300 120GB 7mm (system Ubuntu 20.04.3 LTS)
WESTERN DIGITAL Caviar Green 2000GB SATA II, 64MB cache, IntelliPower, 8.9ms, WD20EARS (other)
PSU: Corsair CX750

First, I dont know a lot about PSU but as to my knowledge this PSU is good and power enought.

Why I do overclocking without overclocking? Bcs some games (Forza Horizon 4, Project Cars 1) really dont like
adaptive clock of CPU, so I forced it to max default settings.

And now even after this all hard work (I dont do OC) I see micro-stuttering for example in Euro Truck
Simulator 2. I propably should do it :) but I briefly touch the PSU and it was not even hot.

Now please forget (at least at first few post) about everything else what could possibly do it.

I am writing this in PSU subforum, bcs althought in BIOS voltage is set to 1,400 V, when I run CPU-Z
the Core Voltage - jumps between 1,376 - 1,384 - is this normal?

Yeah I briefly look at all sticky - but it is so complicated and I dont think I should study it all,
if I am not real overclocker.

So I kindly ask for opionion from real experts :). Thx for answers.

I am writing this in PSU subforum, bcs althought in BIOS voltage is set to 1,400 V, when I run CPU-Z
the Core Voltage - jumps between 1,376 - 1,384 - is this normal?

Normal. It is called vdroop. You need to bump the voltage up to cover the sag, or if you have the option in the bios, increase the Loadline calibration.

Don't think this will solve your micro stutter issue though.

1080p gaming, right? It's likely the cpu, period. It's old, slow for its time, and trying to drive a gtx 1080 at a low, cpu bound res. What's the cpu and gpu use like in your games?

Also, 8GB of RAM (did I read that right? It's confusing) is likely a problem too. Check to see how much ram you're using.

This isn't a psu issue. ;)

HI, thx for answers, yeah I am also pretty sure that this not solve the micro-stuttering and also that MB and CPU are quite old. I dont want to explain everything, but all the new parts (MB,RAM,CPU) are now in reclamation, but bcs I struggle a lot with this new parts, I want to be sure that I dont miss something. So thats why I want to have experts opinion on PSU.

And yeah on this config I play 1080p, not bad, but I really quick get used to 4k :). Just to clarify the RAM - they are KIT dual channel, so that means (2x8 dual + 2x8 dual = 32), If I have only 8 RAM well, that will be really bad :) - Next time I just write 32 RAM :)

What's the cpu and gpu use like in your games?

Seriously I dont know and I dont want to know, after a lot of monitoring with new parts, I just wait for replacement.

I hope I dont offend anybody and my main question was answered, so I think we can close this topic.

Thx

HI, thx for answers, yeah I am also pretty sure that this not solve the micro-stuttering and also that MB and CPU are quite old. I dont want to explain everything, but all the new parts (MB,RAM,CPU) are now in reclamation, but bcs I struggle a lot with this new parts, I want to be sure that I dont miss something. So thats why I want to have experts opinion on PSU.

And yeah on this config I play 1080p, not bad, but I really quick get used to 4k :). Just to clarify the RAM - they are KIT dual channel, so that means (2x8 dual + 2x8 dual = 32), If I have only 8 RAM well, that will be really bad :) - Next time I just write 32 RAM :)

Seriously I dont know and I dont want to know, after a lot of monitoring with new parts, I just wait for replacement.

I hope I dont offend anybody and my main question was answered, so I think we can close this topic.

Thx

You have a LOW-END motherboard... The good ones for Overclocking a FX-8370 are the 790FX, 890FX, and the 990FX Chipset :) You are lucky that MSI released a BIOS to support a FX cpu for that MB. Something to remember is that a i7-4770k/4790k (4c/8t) will beat that FX CPU in gaming :-( If you look at your MB Spec's ( https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/760GA-P43-FX/Specification ) it's listed as PCIe 2.0 and your video card will run at PCIe 3.0... I think the studdering is from the CPU not being able to supply the GPU with information fast enough. The GPU (GTX-1080) is fast enough to run those games at 1080p Medium (Max Settings) And High - with a few dropped down a notch.

Back