• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Acer did what?!?!?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I don't see the advantage of running android on a laptop over any other lightweight linux distro, especially when most distros have immensely more support first and third party than android could hope for at this time.

You can download old builds of android for various phones, but I think only the SDK is out for 2.0.

I've been reading a lot of information on Android as of recent. ( I love my G1).

From what I've read, it's more strict on hardware devices than Apple's OS is. Such as:

NO harddrives. All apps are webbased apps. It's basically limited, but (BIG BUT!), netbooks aren't gaming rigs, movie production machines, or adobe rendering computers. They are what the name is. NETBOOK. I think it will strip a lot of junk on the OS side for not having to have a device driver database that Windows/Mac has.

Back