• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Acrylic Power Supply Mod

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I think they're cool.
They can't hurt the psu any, but the modder can while it's open...and visa-versa. ;)

I'm using one...

CaseInsides.jpg

...and like it. I am going to put some LEDs in the corners someday so that it lights up on the inside a bit.

Just finished this mod on my PSU. Must say it's a great mod for 10 bucks and looks really awesome with an LED fan in it :D

Uhh, Grim, If you're making the whole case, why not the psu cover too? Just curious.

That's an interesting mod. I may have to think about this one. I bet that would look really cool in my case. Good job finding this. Oh yeah, an LED fan and some LED's would look real cool inside there.
Doc

these things are pretty cool.
i "discovered" them a few weeks back, but the ones i saw were pretty plain compared to those.
the ones i saw were just plain clear perspex and lightly tinted blue.
no fan holes either.
they look great with a few lazer LEDs sitting in the corners and an LED fan.

i liked the look of them so much that when i was designing my window mod, i specifically designed it so you'd have no trouble being able to see one of these perspex PSU covers. (even though i'm yet to actually get one. :p)

I just got a U.V. psu mod two days ago, it is well worth it.

obliv said:
dumb, paint is better! :)

If you use paint only the outside would light up, with this you can see all the cool stuff inside your psu and you can do some cool things inside of the psu like LEDs. I have a fan with blinking blue LEDs on it, inside of my psu and it looks really sweet now that I can see it from different angles.

I am thinking about doing this for my dual PSU, with both inside one case. That way I have less clutter and it would add a bit of flare to the otherwise still upper portions. Also I could then use one power cord.

I've heard they aren't that good of a fit on the psu. For those of you that have them is this true or not? also tell us what psu you have it on. thnx.

peace.
unloaded

I put mine on an antec 400w it fit on ok, but it does make the psu a little wider on the three sides, so if you have a tight fit it might not work well.

I was thinking of taking my old metal psu cover and putting a window in it (you only really see the one side) with LEDs inside, might look kinda cool. For the price of one clear cover I can get an entire sheet of acrylic and some double sided tape.

Jeff.

Back