• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Active Northbridge Cooler

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Sinkhole

Registered
Im looking for a good active cooler for my Northbridge. I had a Blue Orb laying around but it will not fit because of a capacitor that is in the way. I would need to push the capacitor out of the way and risk breaking it off. Im just not willing to take that chance. What Im looking for is a good heatsink/ fan combo in a square configuration to guarentee fit.

Thank in advance for the help

Sink

OP
Sinkhole

Sinkhole

Registered
I've heard good things about the Zalman sinks. However I was looking for somthing already assembled.

Thanks

Sink

Hughhefner

Playboy Wannabee
I posted a thread about this same topic a couple weeks ago and found the installation of the 40mm fan ontop of the zalman to be very easy!!!, I used the standard 2 part syringe epoxy you find at most any store and applied it to the heatsink and 7 min later I was in business.... VERY EASY!!!!

Robbiesan

Registered
If you go with the Zalman Cu NB cooler do you really need a fan as well? should the Cu handle the heat well if couple with good case airflow?

while we're here, can you buy a Cu Southbridge heatsink alone or only as part of a kit?

WuChild

Even after I ripped my sink off of my nb and installed it with thermal paste it doesnt even get very warm to the touch. What kind of setup are you guys running that you need to stick a fan on it?