• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FRONTPAGE ADATA SE760 USB 3.2 Gen 2 External SSD Review

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Overclockers.com

Today we're reviewing one of ADATA's new 1 TB blazing fast portable drives. We've seen 1 TB portable storage solutions and high-capacity USB flash drives before, but when it comes to raw transfer speeds they often leave us wanting more. The ADATA SE760 solves this problem by delivering NVMe performance with a USB Type-C interface. With a sequential read speed of 1,000 MB/s and compatibility on Windows, Mac OS, Android, Xbox One, and PS4 consoles, this new breed of portable storage strikes a balance between portability and raw transfer speed.

Click here to view the article.

I've always been a fan of AData drives - they may not be the crème de la crème, the true "top tier" in terms of flat performance when looking at just benchmarks, but they're still great performing in the real world. And with that "summit tier" you're definitely paying for it.

AData seems to be in the Goldilocks zone. Quicker than the bottom of the barrel drives (and in my experience more reliable, never had an AData mSD card, USB drive or SSD drive fail while other drives have) but you're not hunting down mob loan sharks to get a decent amount of storage, either.

Very astute observation, and I think "Goldilocks zone" term definitely applies. ADATA has a few new NVMe drives that are quite fast and highly competitive when looking at price/GB. :)

Back