• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Added a hub

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Flexy

Registered
So I have a 24 port 10 Base T hub. Alright now I know everyone is gonna go "10 Base T?! WAT ARE U THINKING?" I thought it was nice to have 24 ports for lan parties for 20 bucks. Anyways...I uplink it to my router and I get my connection fine and dandy. I go to check my speeds adn now notice I went from 1.3 Mbps to 300Mbps yet my uploads and pings are all the same. Something is bottlenecking the downloads and I don't know what it is. It's 10 Mbps but that's still WAY over my download speeds so it doesn't make much sense to me. If anyone has some sort of tweak or something it'd be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Flexy:mad:

*Edit*: I remembered that the ports looked kinda rusty sorta thing when I first got the hub so I switched ports on it and wat do ya know? I get all my speed back...amazing eh? So word of advice to everyone...make sure you check random ports before ya start thinking yer hub is a piece.

Last edited:

zachj

Chainsaw Senior
I think my hub is a piece. The connection randomly cuts out daily . . . It's brand new (Netgear), so I doubt it's rust.

Z