• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

added new hardware... OC low

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

spazzkid

i added new hardware, a leadtek tv tuner, hec 475w psu, liteon cdrw. but now it seems that i kudnt oc as much like it used to. it cant be the psu, coz ampere and volt ratings are much better than my old one. it cant be the cdrw, coz most of the guys here have a liteon and it seems that it kud fare up to high fsb speeds. im looking at the tv tuner, wud it help if i change it to other slots? maybe its sharing an irq thats why i kudnt oc like before? please help. :rolleyes:

Monaco

actually, it could definately be the CD drive, no matter how high everybody else got it to run. All devices are different, it's all about luck. Although I would tend to think it's the fault of the TV-tuner card more than the drive.

Try taking it out, and see if things get better.

Also- the more components you have, the worse your overclock will get, period. More cards means more chances for interference or timing problems.

rogerdugans

Linux challenged Senior, not that it stops me...
It can always be anything.

With a higher rated psu that is not likely to be the problem, but it IS possible.

More devices equla more power draw and the buses are busier= more likely to be a problem.

And as stated, all devices are one-of-a-kind; one cd may do 45mhz pci bus just fine yet the one made right next to it on the
assembly line could quit at 35mhz. If everything ran at SPEC we wouldn't be so familiar with the term "rma" now would we? :D

But I would agree on the tv tuner as a first suspect.

Are the voltages all looking good in MBM and/or bios? Even with a good psu it is possible that your atx connector is not making great contact, so check that too.

OP
spazzkid

spazzkid

roger, voltages are stable. mbm says that at 1.85vcore, 2.7vdimm 5v stays at 4.89v, which is more better than my other psu, 12v is steady at 12.10v. ill try to check if everything is snug fit.

hmm...

OP
spazzkid

spazzkid

tried installing the tvtuner to another empty pci slot. still a bummer in oc. any of u guys got other ideas?

Sonny

Senior TIFOSI
The 8KHA+ has PCI Latency adjustments in the BIOS. Have you tried increasing the latency so maybe you can push your FSB even more?

OP
spazzkid

spazzkid

sweet! thats a nice idea, i havent tried altering the pci latency before, its at a default of 32, should i increase it to say, 35?

Sonny

Senior TIFOSI
I don't remember what the selections are but the idea is to increase the latency to be able to make tha card/s less sensitive to the higher bus speeds.

OP
spazzkid

spazzkid

problem solved people. i just assigned each device its own irq in the bios. thanks for the replies bros. :D