• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED Adding email to outlook password repeat

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Feriot

Registered
Exhange 2013
office 2010
windows 7

I'm currently trying to set up a user in outlook 2010 on a windows 7 machine. It automatically picks up the user from the exchange and when I press next it goes to the configuring screen establishing a network connection and searching for local server settings.

Now the problem starts. I get consistently prompted by a windows log in box asking for credentials for the email.

I do not get an incorrect password even when I spell it wrong and pressing the x will bomb out the setup.

After some research in exchange 2013 I am using negotiate authentication on the outlook anywhere.

This all came about in my attempts to begin the final stage of testing of adding a blackberry device to an outlook account. Im using blackberry enterprise express.

I have a feeling this is either an AD issue or Exchange 2013 problem.

Thanks in advance.

--second test--

I restarted the laptop thinking it might have been out of sync. Outlook loaded the profile but refuses to connect to the server. I delete the account and re add it. This time it creates the account perfectly but says I must restart to make the changes. I restart and while loading the profile I get the dreaded log in box return...

--take 3--

So I decided to skip the first installation add a user log in stupidness and cancel out. I loaded into outlook went to file and add an account. This worked again first time but prompted me for log ins after the outlook restart. Starting to think it has to be my exchange set up now.

Last edited:
The log in auto populates as the email address for the user. I've tried the email, domain/username and username. After a subsequent restart this issue seems to have resolved itself. I think it was a sync issue between the exchange server and the laptop. I'll mark this as solved but I'm now struggling with getting a blackberry to sync with the outlook on the laptop. But that's another thread.

Back