• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ADSL Boost?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Vio1

Hi, I was wondering if anyone knew of a good way to boost adsl download speeds. I seem to max out at 65kbs,(months ago, when I had adsl for the first time ... i could download at 120kbs).

I had some probs with Windows Xp and reinstalled it... afterwards I was connecting and downloading at much higher speeds... however windows errored again and I reinstalled. Now the downloads are slow again. Any ideas?

hmm :/ since adsl is capped there isnt really anything you can do, usually once you reinstall you are able to download at your sold speed "1.5mbit ?" maybe goto dslreports.com and goto their tweaks section and see what u can find there.

Try some tweaks like DDR-PIII said. If that doesn't work then give your isp a call. You should be getting about 80~90% of your dsl rated speed that you purchased from them.

mine got stuck @ 56k for a while, i called up the dsl provider and the girl i talked with said she'd "reset the service from here" an hour later all was good.

J

Back