• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Advice & Log:Water Cooling a Sabertooth 990fx (rev 1.0) in a Blackhawk mid-ATX

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Note that LEDs have a set positive and negative side.

Millicandela Rating
6mcd

That said, its a diffused LED, so your brightness rating won't be terribly high.
They should use 0.24W, which in a "normal" LED (read: not diffused) would be ~50mcd.
The diffusion will help with a more even lighting through the block though.

Ah, ok. Well I will order some and check it out.

So I have another question. How low of temperatures will my CPU run properly?

I'm running an AMD Phenom II X6 1100T

Currently I see min. Temps around 17, and Idle around 22-23.

Ah, ok. Well I will order some and check it out.

So I have another question. How low of temperatures will my CPU run properly?

I'm running an AMD Phenom II X6 1100T

Currently I see min. Temps around 17, and Idle around 22-23.

Lower than you can attain with water.

Alright, that makes sense.
I just overclocked from 3.3Ghz to 3.8Ghz. Max temp hasn't gone over 37C so I am happy. That was just with the bios auto-clock tuning though. Could probably get a lot more out of this system if I worked at it. Not really sure where to start on that though.

Congrats on your build and working with what you had. I am anti-buy clickers and ask questions later but you had nice enough members to pick you back up. Make sure you do the proper maintenance. 2 drops of deadwater and buy a silver coil as well and throw it in the reservoir. Make sure it doesn't get close to the pump.

By the time you do your next build, years from now as you stated, don't look bad at the said products and look at the new designs that will be out by than.

For the work you do I wouldn't bother going to an 8350 over what you've got now.

If he renders alot I would look to save up on a GPU on cuda enabled programs. I would most likely wait for maxwell and save up as well will end up selling the 670.

My plan is to eventually ditch the 670, but for now I will keep what I have. It will be a bit before I can afford anything else as I have to save up for a new car. The one I have right now is near the end of its life.

Back