• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Advice needed for new pcs build

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Mikhaildg

Registered
Looking to build a new pcs in the next 6 months and want some advice on Intel motherboards I should be looking at my price range is around $220 Max for a MB. Thanks.

My advice, wait until you're ready to buy and ask again.
Sales change, new hardware releases, etc.

Let's talk in a few months when you are ready...there will be new processors out, new GPUs, pricing differences, etc.

As far as advice for now, well, you left us with literally no information outside of budget.. tough to help! What platform do you want to be on? X99 or Z170 or AMD?? I assume Z170? BUt yeah, we need a clue to help you as best we can with this premature thread. :)

So I am looking for MB'something for the Skylake line of cpu's. I am assuming that's the z170 series.

That is correct... I assume you are not planning to use sub ambient cooling for overclocking... with that said, if buying NOW, I would look at something in the ASrock Extreme 6, Gigabyte UD5, MSI Gaming M7, ASUS Z170 Pro... all would be fine for your uses. Just pick the cheapest one that has the features you need and look you want.

But again, if you are buying in a few months, its best to talk then because the landscape will be different all around. :)

Back