• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Advice of fan connections

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

streeter

I need advice on psu & case fan connections.

I have an Enermax EG365P-VE(FC) psu and 2 Enermax thermo control fans used for the intake & exhaust, what is the best way to hook this all up with only a Power fan & System fan 3 pin connectors on the mobo?

Should I have the psu to the power fan connector and the rear exhaust fan to the system fan connector and leave the intake fan just connected to a 4 pin power molex with no thermo control features, this psu allows the mobo to power on/off the psu fan and monitors speed, failures, etc.?

Does it matter if the psu is connected to the system fan and the exhaust fan to the power fan connector, cable is to short to reach from exhaust fan the system fan connector, if it does, do they make an extension cable?

And one last question, is their a way to connect the intake & exhaust with the 3 pin connectors to make them act as one, with one 3 pin plug to the system fan connector?

Any advice would help, thanks!