• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Advice on buying Hitman 1,2 and 3 on PC.Preferably on Steam

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dfonda

Senior Golfer
Do I buy it on Steam or somewhere else? I do not own any of the games, so no importing to worry about.

I read that if you buy 3 in the first 10 days you'll get Hitman 1 GOTY...

Do I buy it on Steam or somewhere else? I do not own any of the games, so no importing to worry about.

I read that if you buy 3 in the first 10 days you'll get Hitman 1 GOTY...

You can't buy Hitman 3 on Steam. It's an Epic Store Exclusive until at least next year.

So that would be the place to buy it. Right now they have Hitman 2 on sale for 7.99. So you buy Hitman 3 from them for full price... you get Hitman 1 for free... then you buy Hitman 2 for 7.99. That's the best deal you could possibly get.

I already had Hitman 1 (for free) on Playstation 4. They had Hitman 2 on sale for 11.99... so you'll be getting a better deal than I did... (except, of course, you can play all THREE games in Virtual Reality if you get Hitman 3.)

Thank you ,
So I might upgrade to Hitman 2 Gold...Is that worth it over the standard?

I'll go check out the Epic store.

Oh, and opinions on Epic store? I read the wicki just now, is it like Ubisoft and GOG , just get exclusives that are not on Steam and generally ignore it. Or is there value there?

Last edited:
Epic is just another game launcher/platform to me... Blizzard, Epic, Steam, Origin, UPlay... etc.

Epic is just another game launcher/platform to me... Blizzard, Epic, Steam, Origin, UPlay... etc.
Gotcha:thup: with 90% of my games on Steam. I get rid of Origin and UPlay after I finish the game and hope I never need them again.

It is like going to a seperate grocery store that is the only one that carries orange juice...I should give it up, but I really like OJ.;)

I get rid of Origin and UPlay after I finish the game and hope I never need them again.

The Mass Effect Legendary Edition (remake) that's coming out in a few months will most likely be exclusive on Origin :rofl:

Gotcha:thup: with 90% of my games on Steam. I get rid of Origin and UPlay after I finish the game and hope I never need them again.

It is like going to a seperate grocery store that is the only one that carries orange juice...I should give it up, but I really like OJ.;)

it's even better when you get to go to one grocery store to pay for the orange juice and then have to goto another store to pick it up.... i'm talking to you steam and epic... either of them when they sell an EA game you get excited, go to launch the game and it pops up an installer for origin so you have to install origin then sign up/sign in then download the game through origin then you can finally play lol ... i did this to get battlefront II free for each of my kids and my wife and myself. lol it was a blast.

it's even better when you get to go to one grocery store to pay for the orange juice and then have to goto another store to pick it up.... i'm talking to you steam and epic... either of them when they sell an EA game you get excited, go to launch the game and it pops up an installer for origin so you have to install origin then sign up/sign in then download the game through origin then you can finally play lol ... i did this to get battlefront II free for each of my kids and my wife and myself. lol it was a blast.
Your dead on.:cheers:

There is a free game with the EVGA GPU I just got...but I have to sign in and have Geforce Experience installed,(Another software I do not want) so I don't think I am going to bother...Unless someone tells me it is a game that can't be missed...(One of the COD's)

I never played the last one I got from that, and remember spending at least an hour jumping thru hoops to get it.

I have an encrypted file with all my passwords, which I then have an Encryption scheme on each one , so complex I can barely figure them out.

In 10 years I'll have to give up most tech as it will be to complex for my dementia brain.

Last edited:
Epic...You can not buy 3 and 2 at the same time, you have to place the order for 3 and then place another order for 2.

Error code on install , had to install as administrator and shut down a few apps to get it to install...Gosh its been a dozen years since I had to do that...I think it was Oblivion. :rain:Oh and since you had to make a choice on how to sign in I chose Steam so they got into the mix anyway.:p

The menu seems Greek to me...I went to start 1 but it said I better play something else first, so I guess that means the Prologue:confused: But it does not have the same name. The only menu more complex is 2020 PGA.

Last edited:
There is a free game with the EVGA GPU I just got...but I have to sign in and have Geforce Experience installed,
I wonder if you can install it and install the game, then uninstall GFE...

I'm not sure...This Hitman tho is my cup of tea tho , perfect for those oldsters who have lost the fast twitch...I played the Prologue for 2 hours. Very fun to keep replaying and getting faster and faster discovering what works and what doesn't.

Question.... What do the experience points do? Are they just achievements?

and is there a benefit to doing every achievement in the prologue. Like an in game benefit. I found the rat poison but I was busy eliminating the target in a different manner. If it is just an achievement I might move on.

I forgot to see if I can rebind the I (Inventory key) to the middle mouse and than scroll, anyone now if you can do that?

Also can Agent 47 jump? EDIT: No Only scripted

Last edited:

This is EXACTLY what happened with Watchdogs Legion. They made it seem like an Epic game... so I bought it on the Epic Store... only to find out it's actually a UbiSoft game... so they installed both the Ubisoft AND Epic loaders when... I believe... I really just need one!

And pretty much every MMO on Steam, loads and updates on its own launcher...

Are you guys saying we need a launcher for the launchers?

Also I use g2a.com for cheap game codes.

Are you guys saying we need a launcher for the launchers?

Also I use g2a.com for cheap game codes.

Yeah there's a hundred sites... Not sure if you get Hitman 1 for free if you use a code though... You'd have to tell me.

Back