• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Advice on parts for near Silent set up

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Puer Aeternus

Can I get some advice on a Near silent air cooled set up!

The rig I am working on has a TtV7+ and 2 intake fans which are RPM controlled by me. My Vid card has a fanless HS(Zalman ZM80A-HP)

I would like to change my HS/fan to something very quiet, lessen the vibration from the x2 HD's, lesson the vibration from the PS or better yet...get a new PS.
I am not too concerned about O/C'ing however temps still need to be under 50c at load.

I appreciate your advice and if I have missed a similar thread in my search, please direct me to it.
Thanks a lot,
Puer

Get a Thermalright heatsink like the SP-97. De-couple your hard drives from your case. I do this by setting them on a piece of foam (with a quiet fan blowing over them). You can also suspend them from a 5 1/4 bay with elastic.
The best silent pc info is at SPCR forums. And their main site has guides on how to do all this stuff.

They also make Silicon & Rubber gaskets for case fans and PSU's. They help dampen vibrations to a certain extent. I have them in my case and they did help a little bit.

You may also want to invest in a Heatsink from Zalman or another company that makes noiseless PC stuff.

As for the hard drives, you can suspend them and things like mentioned above, but they also make drive bays that have dampening pads in them that will hold your hard drives to reduce the noise.

Back