• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Advice on quiet PC case

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

istari675

I currently have Corsair 730T for my setup. It does the job and doesnt look bad but I am looking for an upgrade in terms of sound. Suggestions are welcome, but an upgrade will require the following:

1. ATX Motherboard Support
2. H240x Support (x2 140mm fan vents near CPU)
3. Amazing Dust Filters (Removable if possible)
4. +11" Video card
5. 3 HDDs
6. Much Quieter than my 730T (Obviously)
7. Black or Red/Black

Did you happen to check the sticky by Blaylock in this section? Should give you some great ideas.

I'm thinking something from Fractal would fit for you.

Did you happen to check the sticky by Blaylock in this section? Should give you some great ideas.

I'm thinking something from Fractal would fit for you.

I took a look and there's a ton there, but I would prefer some personal advice. I am never gonna be able to tell if my H240x can fit in any of those cases without doing extensive research. Also I would prefer personal opinions on the noise reduction, since I doubt I will be able to find an objective comparison on any kind of product page.

The Nanoxia Deep Silence 5 should have no problems matching your requirements. I got a chance to (not) hear one and it was very quiet. Lots of room , too.

The Nanoxia Deep Silence 5 should have no problems matching your requirements. I got a chance to (not) hear one and it was very quiet. Lots of room , too.

Looks like a good one, but do you have one by chance? I would need to mount the radiator on the top so I don't know if that would cause a lot of sound. Also kind of a small deal but are there any LEDs on the case? I cant find any but I want to make sure they actually match the theme. Don't want any green LEDs ruining the vibe.

The rig I saw had a 240 up top and no LEDs , but did have green LED fans. Easily replaced , but admittedly more cost and work.

I don't think I would be technically savvy enough to replace those LEDs. Thats a shame I just looked it up and its literally perfect except for that. My radiator is too expensive to leave out so ill need the entire x2 140mm slot. It is a bit loud though which gets annoying.

Just replace the fans. :)

I believe the power button LED is also green on that. I already have pretty nice 140mm fans I plan to use for this case. I am not tech savvy enough to replace an LED in a power button though.

I completely missed the power button. :facepalm: Sorry. I screwed up my back and it seems I shouldn't be posting on Flexeril. LOL That's a shame , because that is a really nice case , and extremely quiet.

I completely missed the power button. :facepalm: Sorry. I screwed up my back and it seems I shouldn't be posting on Flexeril. LOL That's a shame , because that is a really nice case , and extremely quiet.

It looks like all of the cases that fit what I need are either blue or green LEDs. This really sucks a lot of these are really cheaper than I expected to pay, but that light would kill my entire rig. Literally every component in my case, mouse keyboard and monitor have red LEDs on them.

I guess at this point I need options to replace these LEDs, I wonder if there is something I could leave unplugged to stop the LED from lighting up without sacrificing the ability to actually power the system on.

Edit

I guess I am just dumb. It seems like I can just leave the LEDs unplugged, which I would prefer in the first place. Having lights on a case seems as distracting as a buzzing fan when I am trying to watch something with it running. Can someone verify that I can just leave something unplugged to kill the LED, without disabling the power button altogether?

Last edited:
Like I said, check out the Fractal lineup, I feel like their towers would be a good fit for you.

It looks like the Fractal Design Define R5 is the only one that fits all the qualifiers. Thanks for the direction, but I certainly hope I can leave the LED unplugged. I would love to have a quiet PC, but having a non LED lit PC would be quite the cherry on top. I cant find anyone who has the H240x in that case though but I found that it is "compatible" by less than reliable sources. The thing barely fits in my case now and my case now doesn't have that foam padding between the case and fan.

Oh that is wonderful. I guess now the only thing I need to find out is if the H240x will fit in there. It should actually fit on the mount, but the radiator will make it a bit thicker than normal so I dont know if it will have enough room between the ceiling and the motherboard.

Oh that is wonderful. I guess now the only thing I need to find out is if the H240x will fit in there. It should actually fit on the mount, but the radiator will make it a bit thicker than normal so I dont know if it will have enough room between the ceiling and the motherboard.

The mount for the R5 up top is offset away from the motherboard

Well damn you guys have been seriously helpful. I was expecting to pay a lot more than 109 on a higher end quiet PC case.

Back