• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

advise please on cpu

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

EQBripper

I first wanna say is that this site rocks!!! next is sorry for my stupidity due to im new to this o/c stuff. i'm in the midst of building my new system and buyin a abit nf7-s v2 mobo...my first question of many is which cpu to go with.

amd 2500 mobile barton w/266 fsb or amd 2500 barton w/333 fsb

the mobile is about 20 bucks more and which can be o/c'd at the unblievable speeds i keep hearing.......

damn i love this site!!!!

dicecca112

depends what do you want, a good overclocker or a stable machine. Since all chips are locked except for the mobiles the best ocer will be the mobile. Your gonna get a stable machine with the 2500 barton. So it's up to you. If you get a mobile, make sure you have good cooling.

OP
E

EQBripper

well this rig im building is for gaming purposes and a little encoding my home dvd movies...i wanna venture into good overclocking machine. so i guess i should pick up a mobile. the cooling fan i'm gonna use is a thermaltake vocano 9do you this this would work for me or should i pick up a new h/s

Josebmw

That should work for a light o/c, depending on the overclock you are planning to do. I would recommend the Thermalright SLK-900 or a SLK-947U if you want to push the chip to 1.85v or more.

DJCorpse

most people will tell you to go with a thermalright heatsink of some kind for the best air cooling. something like the slk-947u paired with a 92mm fan of some sort would cool well and run relatively quiet.