• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Aeolus TI 4200 Any Good?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Dracknem

Hi, I was wondering if anyone here had any experience with the AOPEN card, the Aeolus TI 4200 128 mb. I am thinking about buying it, it is on sale for $135 and I heard it has good quality.

I have two questions for anyone with experience with it. Does it give good results with all versions of DirectX? Also, how easily is it overclocked? I heard it could easily be clocked to 4400 or 4600, but I am looking for truth in these rumors.

OP
D

Dracknem

Weird, because I've only heard good things about this. Hrmm, anyone else heard about it? If you could recommend a good card for under $140 it would be a big help, I'm building a new comp and wanna get the most bang for my (rather limited) buck.

ed8150

aeolus was the god of the wind in greek and roman mythology. he put the unfriendly winds in a bag and gave it to ulysses. </latin lesson> :)

OP
D

Dracknem

Any other ideas?

So, umm anyone else have any ideas for a good video card for under $140?

cullam3n

Under $140, you are going to have to get 64 MB Ti4200s (at least online with newegg). The MSI 64mb Ti4200 is $131, and its a good overclocker. I suggest you go with that.

-PC

cullam3n

Just saw the Ablatron Ti4200 128mb is for $141, if you are interested in spending a dollar more. Some people like to bang their bucks pretty hard, but still... They are also good overclockers, and they produce one of the best Ti4200s available, the Ti4200P TURBO, which is pretty much guarenteed to run at Ti4600 speeds and is cheaper than the ABit OTES.

-PC