• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Aerocool

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Kappafoo

Registered
Hey Have any body heard of this cool looking cooling fans? I have read some of the reviews and it seems pretty cool. Hopefully somebody can tell me where can I buy such cooling fan. The website addy is www.aerocool.us Pls. let me know.:cool:

13 CFM seems just a little low.............I'm all for quite but they could have used a better fan!

That thing is huge! Too bad they don't make a copper version. Then again, I'm willing to bet it's already way beyond the maximum weight specification for a heatsink!

i'm guessing the theory behind the slow fan was that there's alot of volume to suck up the heat. i say thumbs down. looks like it will get in the way of things, is made of aluminum and i'm not diggin the fan in the side. go with an slk 7 or better.

Ok..............that's 3 thumbs down and two thumbs up, it looks like a piece of radiator fin tubing attachted to a copper plate.........I think it will perform poorly!

If you read the website, you'll find that it was designed to be able to run completely passively, relying only on air flow within the case. However, it ships with a fan as extra insurance. I think it should perform decently, especially considering it's rated noise level. The one German review site was able to run their 1700+ with 1.71 volts and overclockered and achieved temps in the 50s, with noise levels below 30 dB. I'd like to give it a try personally, however I'd also rig up some way to bolt it to the motherboard instead of hanging it off the ZIF socket. Seriously, that HSF (if you can call it that) has lots of room for improvement, I'd really enjoy seeing what I could do with it.

But these cooling fans run colder than it looks, and according to the review that it is not noisy at all. So you guys think that this is not a good buy? I am still willing to give it a shot!

And also the cooling fan's are not only Aluminum, yes some are but the highend one's are made out of copper. So you think this is a good buy or what?

Aerocool Deep Impact 101

Aerocool DP 101 is using the Super conductor tube not just a heat pipe like cooler master has.

I have contacted Aerocool.us and they provided me with some interesting spec for this Supertube Technology. It is a few pages long and if anyone interest just drop me a note so I can email it to you.

According to Aerocool.us, Tiger Direct, Atacom.com, xpcgear.com, and even the Japanese site users-side.com has contacted them and will be carry their product pretty soon. Currently this product is selling very well in Korea, Japan, and Europe and Aerocool just started to introduce to the US market by establishing a branch office in California (Check Aerocool.us for more info). Also, some Distributors has started to distributing this product in the US market already.

I got one sample when I visited their booth in Cebit show in Germany, and it performance is just fantastic. This is definitely a must for OC. Overall, I agreed with many review site that had tested Aerocool products and I'm sure they will be a big impact to other competitors.

Here is one of the info for Super Conductor (SuperTube):

Examples of Conductance Coefficient �gK�h and �gVelocity �gV�h for Heat Transfer in Different Media

K (watts/inch C) V (m/s)
SUPERTUBE 72,184 15,000
DIAMOND 16.000 3.3248
SILVER 10.312 2.1428
COPPER 9.7790 2.0321
GOLD 7.5700 1.5730
ALUMINIUM 5.2070 1.0820
BERYLLIA(99.5%) 5.0000 1.0390
STAINLESS STEEL 0.4100 0.08519
TITANIUM 0.3500 0.07273
ICE 0.006 0.00843
CONCRETE 0.0203 0.00422

The DP101 is retail at about US$35. Is that too high for Brazil Market? How big is the gaming market in Brazil?
I know that Clubedohardware.com.br is going to review this product soon. That review might be able to get some local distributors interest very soon and you might be able to get it locally. Don't give up.

Whoooa!

K (watts/inch C) V (m/s)
SUPERTUBE 72,184 15,000
DIAMOND 16.000 3.3248
SILVER 10.312 2.1428
COPPER 9.7790 2.0321

15,000??!??!? :eek: What exactly is this magic, super secret, mach speed, powder filled super conductor? Adamantium, mythrel, kryptonite perhaps? :D

I assume the tube contains a powder which sublimates (solid -> gas) somewhere just above 25°C. But how does it operate mounted horizontally? Some of those pix are definitely in a tower case.

That reveiw by Hartware.net put it only 1°C behind a SLK 800/900 with the same fan. Worth keeping an eye on. But I want to see what the next batch of reviews have to say (assuming I can read them!)

CPU shim!! Or, better yet, redesign as a bolt on!

More Spec

Here is more spec quote from Aerocool:
"
The important characteristic of the Supertube is that it can form three basic layers on the internal surface of the Supertube. Each layer’s average thickness is between 0.002mm – 0.008mm. The main functions of the three layers are: delay the corrosion and oxidation of vessel material effectively and prevent it producing oxy hydrogen, thus improving the performance stability of the Supertube and prolonging operation life.

The inorganic heat transfer medium is liquid-state compound. Heated and excited, it gasifies and transfers heat constantly from the hot end to the cold end. The outstanding heat transfers capability can be determined by the difference in temperature on the external tube.
"

Back