• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Aesthetics issue

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DarkPurity

Rather than watercool, I thought I'd decided on a Noctua D15 for my 2600k. Unfortunately, those fans...I get that skidmark brown is a recognizable branding color, but my case is black with blue lighting, blue heatsinks on parts of it, a blue lit mouse, a blue backlit keyboard...it's blue is the bullet point here. The D15's A15 fans are fantastic performers but look like they'll be an eyesore. Is there a comparable air cooler that is more attractive, or even just a fanless heatsink that I can put 140mm fans of my choice on that will get me similar temps? Failing that, if I put in CC Blacklights, will the beige on the fans react in a way that makes it blend in?
I'm thinking if I don't do that, I might have to look into watercooling after all to keep my OCD from seeing a big brown and tan pimple in the middle of a field of blue.

Get some if the industrialPPC fans to go with the D15

In that case, would I be better to look at the D15s? From what I can tell, it's just adjusted to give more clearance to RAM and PCI-E slots, has only the center fan, and cools the same as the D15 if you add another fan. It costs slightly less because it's missing that fan (unfortunately only $10 off), but since I'd be replacing at least one fan anyway...

Both are very good coolers, but the normal D15 does have the higher cooling potential in theory due to having more fins.
Your call there, really it comes down to personal preference. You'd probably only need one of the iPPC fans anyway, truth be told.

If I have 16GB HyperX @ 1600Mhz on a ASRock Z77 Extreme 4, and I intend on putting a 1080 in the top PCI-E, should I expect clearance to be an issue?

Then no, you will not have compatibility issues.
Also, you should probably update your sig.

Then no, you will not have compatibility issues.
Also, you should probably update your sig.

Yeah, I still have the laptop described but it's no longer my main rig. I plan to do it once I actually figure out what I'm putting in the machine we're discussing.

Back