• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

afterstep issues - at least I think it's afterstep...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mirko_3

Here's my problem, shortly: I'm using afterstep as my window manager; every time a watch a video clip, a movie, a dvd, no matter what it is I watch, I see it cut in half; that means I see the left half of the image, even if I resize the window. The only way to see things fine is go to fullscreen mode, but that's not always practical...
I think it's related to the virtual afterstep desktops - you know, you scroll your mouse of the right edge of the screen, and a new desktop appears...
I'm using Xfree 4.3, but I suppose that this doesn't really matter...

thanks

EDIT:
forgot to say, it happens no matter the player i use - tried mplayer and xine, and both had problems...

Last edited:

Damian

did you try a different window manager? I don't think it's afterstep, but you might try a different one just in case. Download twm, for example.

OP
mirko_3

mirko_3

now I'm really confused; haven't tried the windows manager thing, but with another player (mpeg_play) I could see the clip just fine (well, some color issues, but that's not what I'm worried about). Too bad that it only works for mpeg files... anyone?