• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

agoia's?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

juliendogg

yeah, so i killed mine :( . anyone know a vendor who has 1600 agoia's in stock? newegg advertised them for a while, but not any longer.

Serraph

I haven't seen any AGOIA 1600's specifically being sold for a little while. You could gamble and buy another from Newegg though. I got one in about 2 days ago and it's an AGOIA. I think that Newegg's 1600's are mainly AGOIA's but since there's a few non-AGOIA's in there they don't want to risk advertising them as having them and then having them returned b/c a few are not.

OP
juliendogg

juliendogg

grrr, mine was an 0213 y. not likely i'll find another one. guess i'll take my chances @ newegg. i have until monday to find one, i'll be ordering something on monday, wether it's the 1700 tb "a" @ newegg or another pally 1600. i can always sell the chip later if the lower speed t-bred b's show up en masse....

chachmarach

There is a Canadian website called VIBECOMPUTERS.COM that has the AGOIA Y 0213 listed for sale at $102.60 CDN funds. That would be around $65.00 USD. It looks like they guarantee it to be an AGOIA Y 0213. Never ordered from them but I have heard good things about them. It also looks like they ship to the USA as they have a US postage calculator.

OP
juliendogg

juliendogg

agoia is a stepping, a processors stepping links it to a specific batch, including the week it was made. most chips with the stepping agoia have been shown to overclock better than most others. key word here being "most". as with anything else there are always exceptions. look around for a thread on "steppings" to learn more.

Serraph

TheHunter said:
XP1500+ AGKGA (10) AGOGA (8) AGKFA (6) AGNGA (4)
XP1600+ AGOIA (10) AROIA (9) AGKGA (8) AGOGA (7) AGNGA (6) AGLHA (5) AROGA (4)
XP1700+ AGOIA (10) AROIA (9) AGKGA (8) AGOGA (7) ANGKA (6) ARKGA (5) AGNGA (4) ARNGA (3)
XP1800+ AGOIA (10) AROIA (9) AGKGA (8) AGOGA (7) AKYGA (6) AGLHA (5) ARKGA (4) AGNGA (3)
XP1900+ AGNGA (10) AROIA (9) AGKGA (8) AGOGA (7) AGLHA (6) AGOIA (5) AGKGA (4)
XP2000+ AGOIA (10) AROIA (9) AGOGA (8) AGNGA (7)
XP2100+ AGOIA (10) AGOGA (9)

The numbers neer the stepping are scores for worst overclocker (1) and best overclocker (10).

pltguy

Registered
just got a AGOIA 0213 Y Greenie at the puter show 2 day,last 1 but they said they have more at the store. Im driving down Tuseday and get all they have if i c some intrest.. 59.00 plus 4.50 Ca. tax and a little 4 the driver/shipper ??

OP
juliendogg

juliendogg

pltguy said:
just got a AGOIA 0213 Y Greenie at the puter show 2 day,last 1 but they said they have more at the store. Im driving down Tuseday and get all they have if i c some intrest.. 59.00 plus 4.50 Ca. tax and a little 4 the driver/shipper ??

definately interested

BadOC

Thanks for that great info Serraph, now i can check to see what my 1900+ is :D . I got this computer when i knew NOTHING about o/c ing so now i hope that i didn't get screwed :(

IR1

yeah frys is very cool when it comes to Mobo Cpu combos and there prices are usually below average. My CPu and mobo is from frys.

also try frys website they have stuff from outpost.com if you dont live near one.

Kunaak

I orderd a XP 1600 last week.
it came and was an agoia 0225.
from newegg.com

I orderd a XP2700 a few days ago, so I am not even sure I will keep this 1600...