• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AGP and PCI Divider

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

vlovich

Registered
I posted an earlier message but i haven't recieved any answers. I'm wondering if there are any programs that can change the agp and pci dividers. My bios doesn't have the option, and the manual doesn't specify jumpers. It would suggest that my mobo does this automatically but i changed the fsb from 66 to 100 but it is still using the 1:1 for agp and 1:2 for PCI. supposedly it supports an fsb of 133 but if these divders don't change i don't know how it can. is it possible it detects the celly is supposed to be using a 66 fsb so sets the dividers accordingly regardless of actual fsb? any thoughts would be appreciated.

If you can not change them manually you are correct that the BIOS does it auto...

I would need to know what motherboard you hvae to help more...
And what would make you say that your PCI and AGP divider are not changing at 100FSB???

Also note that if you hvae a BX board your AGP divider will stay at 2/3 @ 133 FSB but you PCI divider will kick in at 1/4

I'm using a PcChips m754lmr mobo with an ali 1631 chipset. I am now getting conflicting results. SiSoft Sandra 2001 proffesional is reporting an agp divider 1/1 and a pci divider of 1/2 (100 and 55 respectively). However, MSI Fuzzy Logic is reporting clock speeds of ~66 and ~34 for agp and pci respectively leading me to believe there is a 2:3 divider for agp and 1:3 divider for pci. I am not sure which one to trust and how to find out through another program which one is correct. Another thing, is it possible to change the dividers through software and not through BIOS (Sorry if this sounds like a stupid question but i was thinking that since the fsb could be changed through software...)

I'm using a PcChips m754lmr mobo with an ali 1631 chipset. I am now getting conflicting results. SiSoft Sandra 2001 proffesional is reporting an agp divider 1/1 and a pci divider of 1/2 (100 and 55 respectively). However, MSI Fuzzy Logic is reporting clock speeds of ~66 and ~34 for agp and pci respectively leading me to believe there is a 2:3 divider for agp and 1:3 divider for pci. I am not sure which one to trust and how to find out through another program which one is correct. Another thing, is it possible to change the dividers through software and not through BIOS (Sorry if this sounds like a stupid question but i was thinking that since the fsb could be changed through software...)

I think you are reading the wrong report in Sandra...:p

Unless you have an option in your BIOS to set the divider, they are automatically set by the FSB setting...the 2/3 AGP and 1/3 PCI would be correct @ 100FSB...up to 124FSB, when the 1/4 PCI 1/2 AGP dividers would kick in...up to 133FSB, when the 1/3 PCI 2/3 AGP dividers would kick in again...and so forth, and so on...and I don't know of any proggie that can change the dividers through software, sorry

pretty much every mobo will auto-detect AGP and PCI settings but perhaps there are also jumpers on your mobo for changing these settings manually <---this post should probly go to the Intel motherboards section

Back