• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AGP Texture acceleration.`

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

drexel

When I install Max Payne 2 demo, it gives me a warning. It says I dont have AGP acceleration enabled, and to check troubleshooting section of the readme file. So, I check that, and it shows me how to check for AGP """"texture""""acceleration. The warning didnt say anything about texture, but I guess its the same thing.

Yeah, so AGP texture acceleration is not only disabled, but is greyed out, meaning my card doesnt support it?

I have been getting weird stop and go freezing in my games lately, Im thinking maybe the new drivers I put in messed up the texture acceleration???

I have a TI4200 64MB by MSI.

Any tips to get this working, or does my card just not support it?

I had this problem after I installed a new motherboard, and this fixed it for me:

1) Uninstall your video card drivers. Reboot.

2) Uninstall your motherboard drivers. Reboot.

3) Come up in safe mode and run Driver Cleaner 2 to make sure both sets of drivers are totally gone.

4) Reinstall motherboard drivers. Make sure everything is set up right. Reboot.

5) Reinstall graphics drivers. Reboot.

I did that, and then I had my AGP Texture Acceleration back. If something is wrong with your MB drivers when you install your video drivers, it won't pick it up properly.

Yeah, my uncle installed this motherboard for me, I think it has the stock drivers, so maybe I should get some newer ones.

This problem is happening with my new video card I got today too. It has texture acceleration greyed out.

Ill try installing the new stuff, but I think you need a floppy disk right? My floppy drive is broken.

Maybe this is why Halo was rebooting my pc, and why now(with new video card) it doesnt reboot my pc, but doesnt apply any textures to the models.

Why would you need a floppy drive to update your drivers? Unless you're not on the net and you need to move the files from another PC that doesn't have a burner...

Matthias99 said:
Why would you need a floppy drive to update your drivers? Unless you're not on the net and you need to move the files from another PC that doesn't have a burner...

Well, last time I had to install new motherboard drivers I had to have a floppy disc of something.

I have a Gigabyte KT400. Model GA-7VAX1394.

What does this feature do anyway? That wasnt what was wrong with halo, and my games seem to run real good, do I really need it? The AGP texture acceleration.

You're probably thinking of a BIOS flash for your motherboard. Often you have to load them through DOS with a boot disk. These are chipset drivers that improve performance in Windows.

I'm not sure *exactly* what it does, but when my motherboard drivers were messed up and I couldn't get it turned on, I was definitely experiencing noticeable performance loss. I don't know if it was the texture acceleration itself, or just that something was all out of whack in the drivers.

Shouldnt I download ones from the manufacture's website? Are these better some how? The ones from the via motherboard link you gave.

thanks

K, downloaded, and installed. I now have AGP texture acceleration enabled. I have been running games without it for about 6 months, lol.

Back