• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AHHH Opteron 148!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

vogster

Well I got my Opteron 148 from Newegg today but either Newegg packed it crappy or it was handled really rough. It was inside a small box with bubble wrap which was inside a bigger box of popcorn and there was no damage to either box so...... When I opened the small box, the cpu was floating around in there out of its little foam cpu packaging. :( Some of the pins were bent so I have already talked to Newegg and they are going to RMA it. Now I have to wait even longer. Just ranting....

That sucks dude, I got my 148 today from Monarch. I had it shipped to my Gma's house so I haven't been able to play with it yet. I hope everything works out with it. Was it shipped UPS?

Aphex_Tom_9 said:
Part of why i didnt buy OEM, or from egg. (i hate UPS)

Yeah, no joke. UPS pi**ses me off the way my packages arrive. I think a trained monkey would do a better job handling my packages than these a**hats or maybe they are trained monkey's in disguise. :p

I personally like FedEx much better. I don't know why they got rid of the FedEx Express Saver shipping option. That was the best.

NewEgg usually does an excellent job though. I ordered some stuff at 10:30am on Friday though with 'Rush Order' selected but it's still on Step 1 of the ordering process. *shrug* I usually order from them without the Rush Order option and stuff gets shipped out in a matter of hours. Last time I ever use that option again. ;P

I thought they changed their shipping but was unsure. FedEx express saver was the best...even though it was the cheap option my things always seemed to arrive within 2-3 days. It took UPS a week to get it to me. The other thing I have found about UPS is that their shipping tracking is a little f'ed up. Online it indicated that my package had arrived at the local UPS...I went their to pick it up early instead of waiting for them to ship it and found that it was actually still on a truck parked a few counties away and the truck wasn't going to move over the weekend. So even if the tracking site says it has been physically scanned and is at a certain point in the journey, it probably isn't. I can't believe they don't ship ground on Saturdays. I'm done ranting...

It was OEM and it was shipped UPS. I believe it was a CABYE. I will post results when I get the new one and get it overclocked.

Ordered my 148 from Monarch last Thursday. I was supposed to receive it yesterday by FedEx, but there was an exception delivery because of an incorrect address. I called up FedEx CS and they verified that it was the correct address. They will re-attempt to send it today, hopefully the driver isn't a moron this time...

I don’t know if I should be mad or if this is a good thing on neweggs part but right now my old processor is at there rma inspection department. What is that? When I have rma'ed stuff before they just get the old part and send the new one. Maybe they did this before and just didn't send out email about it? All I know is I have all my parts except the cpu, COME ON NEWEGG!

Well, this is my 2nd posting ever on here. Just wanted to let everyone know that I've now ordered a 148 from monarch for 207 plus shipping. I've now got to figure out what mboard to get. I don't mean to highjack, but I guess this is still related. I plan on going sli with dual 7800gt's, but with only one on order now.

Any input would be great appreciated. Finally upgrading from an old xp2800 with a 6600gt card.

Back