• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AHHH plz help... unmountable boot error or somting plz help fast!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

CrashOveride

it is giving em thsi and saying i should diable bois shadowing nd stuff so id id and it stillhappens! coudl this be becaseu i enabled ATA... er.. UDMA er wahtever 100 with a POSSIBLY not ATA 100 cable?

plz help plz plz plz

um.. bump
i can get past hte loading of windows XP the loading screena thte end it messes p and dos erhte blue screen with the error.. it dosnt do it to win98 but i can really boot to it cuz it is messed up right now... um... plz help! is there a way to run scandisk before ht boot iwthout a floppy or even with? and i dose it in safe mode too... plz help! i have an essay due TOMMORROW!

Okay. Calm down. Take a deep breath. Concentrate on communicating effectively.

You mentioned 98SE in there, can you access the drive from 98SE? I hope you had the brains to *not* use NTFS (stands for n00b *something* file system). Load up 98SE, get your essay, and work on it. When you're done with that tomorrow, you'll probably end up reformatting.

Now, if you desire a better answer, I'll need some details as to how this happened, and could you please try to not type with your tongue.

Thank you. :)

i actually did use NTFS =P but igot se to work now od \\so i am jsut gona reinstall if i the recvery console will not work:mad: this sucks.. i totaly forgot about it

well i tried repairing it (the fixboot command) but no... um.. dose unmovable boot volume meand that the drive is corrupt? wili have to reformat? plz say no

It just might.

You obviously have another machine, or else you wouldn't be posting. Unless you've got another HDD laying around, format the machine you're on, install XP, and try to access your dead drive. Don't worry, if you don't activate XP with MS, it's still good for 30 days, which should be more than long enough to get your other drive working.

ya, the only thing is that the drive si still kinda good... my win98 partion is ont eh safe physical drive jsut a diff partition i am gona try to d a a repair reinstall

well i am reformmating my HDD i jsut kinda didnt want to dl al my stuff agin onn 56K! it sucks well... i find all older revision of myessya on a disk soio that part istn tTOO bad:(

i forget but i jsut reformmated using fdisk adndeleting all other partitions... so ow if it dosnt work i am gonen be out liek 100 buck that i dont have

well i am posting form my newly installed fully functional win XP but i dtill didnt do my project yet... and already 10 ish hm... maybe my mom will call me in sick =P i hopw so cuz other wise i am screwed
:( :D :eh?: :D

Yeah, just screw it. Tomorrow's a Friday anyway, just pull the regular toothpaste-and-chili trick, F with the thermometer, and tell her you have a headache.

It's fairly simple to get out of school.

mehya, well she want me to show here the paper when i finish even if it is at 3:00 ! and i kinda already did taht one in the past 2 weeks hse woudl catch on she int all that stupid... so unfortuatly that isnt really an option:( meh:D :eh?: :D

NO! DAMN IT NO! it happened again?what coudl be causignt this? i am jsut gonna get new HDD any ways but damn! what is a HDD that can handl higher FSBs?:mad: :D

Back