• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Ahhhh!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

*JEREMY*

Well first I just have to say never work on your pc when your too tired!Tonight I decided I would check the voltage on my oem 8500.I checked the core volts and then went to the ram to check it and I slipped and shorted 2 points out,that was all it took to kill it,there was a little circuit trace burnt in half and the pc would give me the beep that there was no vid card so I fixed the trace and now it posts but there are just a bunch of lines on the screen,its dead:( and so now im using an old pci card.Im going to go pick up a new one tommarrow at best buy and I have the choice of a retail 64mb 8500 or a retail 128mb 8500/le at the same price.For you hardcore video guys which one do you think I should get.I read that the retail 128 le's are at 250 so I dont have to worry about getting stuck with a 230.Need some help deciding,thanks.

Sorry about your card man... I am in the porcess of worrying that when I slipped with the screw driver it cut some mini wires in the motherboard :( Well I think the extra RAM just allows you to run at higher resolutions. Depending on your moniter, this may be unnecassary.

Wow dude that does suck, but hey at least you seem to have the funds to pick up a new one, if I did that I wouldn't have a computer for a while... but I am a poor Bible College student

Ouch, Way back when I had a Viper V550, I knocked some transistors off and had to solder it back on. Luckily it still worked. Then I got a new video card and took the hsf off the V550 to see what would happen. It burned...
Futura

Back