• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Air cooled peltier???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

NeoN068

Ok, I'm a n00b when it comes to peltiers and water cooling. I have a SLK-800 with a Vantec Tornado fan on it. I was wondering if I could pelt cool my processor with that? If so, what wattage should I get? Again, I am a n00b at this so forgive me if I don't know what I'm talking about. :D :p

Paxmax

The base of the SLK-800 is only 25 mm wide. A high power TEC is at least 40 mm wide. You could have a colplate between heatsink and TEC, but you'll loose a few good degrees there, so you'll be better off with another heatsink.

y0ungsta

Registered
I would go for a swiftech heatsink and also don't forget about the closed cell foams and spary some conformal coating on your motherboard to keep your system safe from short circuting.

[EG]~NaTz~

it goes like this...

coldplate sits on cpu
pelt coldside on cold plate (hot side up)
heatsink on hot side of pelt.

thats how the stack works and the cold plate is there to even out the pelts affect...