• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Air Filtration - Anyone done this before ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
bobad said:
I know what you mean about automotive filters. They seem a little restrictive for the mild fans we use for computer cooling. Here's my solution:

http://webpages.charter.net/bobad/cool.htm

Works great, filter element is VERY cheap, washable, and allows only the finest of dust to get through.

A larger automotive would be great. Very fine filtration, very little restriction.

I realy like this filter material. If I find the automotive paper is to restrictive. I may go ahead and use the Chrome for the Bling Bling and remove the paper from the filter replacing it with this type of material.

Here's some new pics of the progress.

PC10.jpg

PC11.jpg

PC12.jpg

PC13.jpg

PC14.jpg

PC15.jpg

PC16.jpg

PC17.jpg

PC18.jpg

PC19.jpg

PC20.jpg

PC21.jpg

PC22.jpg

squasher said:
Wow those are some really nice mods, is that underglow that i see?
If so thats such a sweet mod, i really want to try that.

Yes I put the same handles on the bottom as the top, along with some 3/4" spacers to make it stand a little taller. Then I mounted a cath light to the bottom. I also want to mount two cath lights inside in the back but theres no room. Looks like I'm gonna have to do do some more Cuttin on my side panell to make some light fixtures.

Well I finaly got the Processor, and water block mounted and main board in case so I thought I'd add some new pics to this thread.

PC23.jpg

PC24.jpg

PC25.jpg

PC26.jpg

Very, very nice work, man. :)

I tend to be....less than meticulous with most of my stuff and am always left in awe of you folks who can make things look as gorgeous as that.

As for the Edelbrock filter:
I too have seen it before, but not often at all. Maybe 3 or 4 times in the last 4 years or so; not unique but not far from it either. ;)
Most of those rigs that did have one were auto-themed; one included wheels and exhaust as well.

One thought that may be of use: use a VERY powerful fan for that intake and put it on a fan controller so that you can tailor the airflow/noise level where you want. I would agree with sealing up any/every seam you can to prevent dust entering as well, since that is one of your goals.

EWBatOVAclockin said:
No its a AMS gmono. Very nice cases. To dusty, you should put the blowhole fan's inside the case. It will make the case look prettyier:)

PEACE

They wont fit there. That is where the tubes will be coming out of the liquid pump.

Back