• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

airflow changes - ATCS840 - made it worse?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Jeffery_Paul

Registered
I have the ATCS 840 and, long story short got bored and decided to change things up thinking I was improving airflow. Here are some details:

Watercooled CPU only, triple rad accross top with 3 S-Flex pushing up and out of the case. pump covering most of bottom vent. The 120mm rear exhaust fan, well I decided to turn it around so more cooler air was comming in that would be directed through the rad rather than just warm air.

And last but not least, I have corsair dominator GT ram, which came with that lil cooler unit with 2 fans in it, I decided I would try my luck mounting it on that vertical air vent at the back of the case, next to the PCI slots to draw in MORE cool air (Also hooked it up to fan controller)

Anyway, I thought all this cool air comming in, with only the 3 fans on the rad extracting it would be awesome for my CPU temps, all that cool air to blow through the rad fins!!! But no, temps rose 5 degrees (celsius) to 44 idle, 75 load

What should I do? should I turn the 120mm exhaust fan back around and leave the cosair ram fan to suck in air, or turn the corsair ram fan around as an exhaust?