• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Ak31 and Thoroughbred

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

BBigJ

Has anyone had any success getting tbreds to work with their AK31v3.1? I know it isn't officially supported, but I seem to recall somebody saying they got an unlocked chip to work. I've been rather disappointed with my agoia, and now that the tbreds are showing up for under $60...

Norrko

Hi...

I've read somewhere that the AK31 V3.1 would support Tbred.
But I don't know how high...
I'll get back to you if I find the info...

/Norrko

juliendogg

my understanding is that it will work so long as it's multi is 12.5 or below. i'm hoping so cuz i'm grabbing one of these tbred a 1700's very soon. if not i guess i'm shoppin for a new mobo, bound to happen sooner or later anyway and some of the nf2 boards are lookin mighty sweet.

*edit*

BBigJ, if you wanna wait a day or two i can let you know for sure, i'll be ordering from newegg a tb a, either 1700 or 1800 over the weekend, should have it by the middle of next week, and believe me, i'll find out right away if it'll work or not :D.

J.

juliendogg

hmm, now i'm thinkin twice. at shuttle's website, they list ak11 and ak35gtr/gt2 as the only boards supporting t-bred. i'd hate to be without a puter for another few weeks while i save the cash for an nf2. well. i'll keep ya posted either way.

OP
B

BBigJ

So far I'm pretty dissappointed. Check the other thread to see why. Any suggestions on which bioses I should try?