• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ak31 rev3.1 and hard drive powering down when its not supposed to?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

arkan

ive got the 3.1 version of the ak31 board my problem is my hard drtive turns on and off like im sitting there flipping a switch after about 30 seconds of being turned on even when its loading windows or otherwise busy. it runs then the drive powers down then right back on then fine for a about 30 seconds then down again and sometimes it doesnt come back on for a few minutes. i know its not the hard drive bc im using it right now but on bc i have the hd hooked up to a second seperate power supply. its not the power supply in the case either bc it i intentiionally masde it power up everything it had a plug for and then some(with y cables) and it was fine. it only seems to give me a problem when i connect ANY hard drives to the same psu as the mainboards on. any ideas whats wrong? all the hds ive tried have all passed s.m.a.r.t. diagnostics without problem. i even tried turning off acpi in the bios but windows then refuses to boot and just restarts every time

Back