• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ak31 w/o usb@1705

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jtlee75

I got my xp1700+ up 1705mhz with the bios change only. Booted fine into 2000 pro and xp pro but I lost all my usb componants. Would not be big problem but I have the Extigy sound box and direcway sat. modem. Please help?:mad:

AK31V.2XP1700+
bios V.ak3120j
:( back@default

jtlee75 said:
I got my xp1700+ up 1705mhz with the bios change only. Booted fine into 2000 pro and xp pro but I lost all my usb componants. Would not be big problem but I have the Extigy sound box and direcway sat. modem. Please help?:mad:

AK31V.2XP1700+
bios V.ak3120j
:( back@default

jtlee75,

I'm sorry to report that since your mobo has the KT266 chipset, you will always have USB problems at FSB's over 138, or so. It's a known problem that all mobo's with this chipset have. :(

This was fixed with the advent of the KT266A chipset, that is on the AK31 Rev.3

If you would like to use USB, over FSB's 138, and higher, get yourself a good quality USB card. I had the same problem with my Rev.2 Shuttle, and bought the OrangMicro USB 2.0/ FireWire 1394 card, and it works perfectly.

It's nice to have the two on one card, and find the FireWire excellent to have one peripheral that you can share between puters. I built myself a FireWire Plextor 40X10X40 burner in an external case. I share the one burner between 2 PC's, and a Mac.

It works perfectly!

Doc

Back