• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Albatron Geforce 4 Ti 4200 128MB with 5ns RAM???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Celemine1Gig

Hi guys and gals,

just a quick question:

I wanted to get two of these Albatron Geforce 4 ti 4200 128MB cards for my two systems(I already ordered the day before yesterday) because these are the cheapest cards I can get and becuase their quality is pretty high(a friend of mine owns one and it's treally a good card).

But lately, these cards seem to come with 5ns Samsung RAM instead of the normal 4ns Samsung RAM that was on these cards before.
Then I thougt about it and it didn't seem to be such a good idea to buy a card with 5ns RAm, because the RAM is only specified for 400 MHz.
BUT, finally I bought two of these cards because I heard that the cards with 5ns RAM could reach the same clock speeds as the ones with 4ns RAM.

Could it be that Albatron bought some Samsung 4ns RAM that was just accidently labeled as 5ns RAM???
I cannot belive that 5ns RAM can run stable at clockspeeds of 550 Mhz and more(some people who got the 5ns version of the card posted these overclocks). :confused:

Thx in advance!

Regards

Ingo:)

Da rock

Registered
i have the4200 p turbo,but it has 3.3ns bga ddr ram, i don't know
about the ram on a regular 4200 though. great card btw!

tragic_monkey

if it comes with 5ns ram and u dont like the performance it give u get from it then RMA it complaining that GF4 Ti4200's are supposed to come with 4ns ram

residentevil2

Disabled
i dunno if u heard the highest possible is 400mhz then u might see 450 500 with ram sinks.

Its hard to tell.

Btw what kinda memory does a geforce 4 mx 440 have its that 5ms ram on that then my bro got his card to like 500 without a hitch

OP
Celemine1Gig

Celemine1Gig

Well, we'll see what the RAm can do, either if it's 5ns or 4ns RAm, because as I already mentioned, I ordered 2 cards a few days ago and they are on their way to me.

Tmorrow, I should get the cards and I can't wait to test them.
In my opinion, the 5ns RAM on the Albatron cards must be 4ns RAM in reality, that was just labeled as 5ns RAM, because I can't believe that 5ns RAM is able to run at upto 600 MHz.:D

So I hope for the best!

Wish me luck!

Regards

Ingo

OP
Celemine1Gig

Celemine1Gig

Well, I got the two cards today and installed one in my Main System and although it has 5ns RAM, it works great! I already got it to run 275/550 stable and didn't test higher yet, although I'm sure that it'll be able to clock higher! Awesome card for the price!:D

Last edited:

OC-Master

I personally would stay clear of the 5ns or even 4ns cards for that matter if it is possible. There is many other manufacturers out there that make TI4200s with ram performance ratings far better than 4ns and for less.

DS-Master

OP
Celemine1Gig

Celemine1Gig

Well, as far as I know, there aren't many other Geforce 4 Ti 4200 cards with 128MB that have RAM chips rated better than 4ns!
And as I said, I think the 5ns RAM on my card is just labeled 5ns, but is in reality 4ns RAM. I had it upto 600 MHz now and I could run tests, but minimal problems occured. I tested the card with "artefact tester 5.0" and it gave me "1 artefact" at 600 MHz MEM clock. In my opinion that is quite impressive if you think about it. The card was the cheapest available, has 128MB RAM and "only 5ns RAM" and with some RAMsinks and improved GPU cooling, it'll probably run stable at 300/600!:D

Last edited:

james.miller

those albatrons sure are sweet cards. gonna get me the ti4200p with the bga ram. mmmmmmmm

Celemine1Gig: wow that ram-speed is shocking!!! 600mhz with 5ns ram??? double wow!
so what speed have you guys go with the ti4200p, then?

Last edited:

quegyboe

Btw what kinda memory does a geforce 4 mx 440 have its that 5ms ram on that then my bro got his card to like 500 without a hitch
Yup, my GF4 MX440 comes stock @ 400MHz, so I assume that would mean it uses 5ns ram, (I can't check because the card came with ramsink stock). Anyways, my 5ns ram can hit 495MHz with stock cooling and a weak PSU (250w).

james.miller

Da rock said:
right now i,m [email protected]/610 and 10,403 on 3dmark 2001se.
i've got a xp2000,ecs k7s5a,512 megs crucial 2100 ddr. vid drvs

cool your setup is identical to mine except that i have a gf4 440mx, and samsung 2700 ddr, which scores 6000 on 3dmark 2001se.
i should get 11,000 point easily with the ti4200p