• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Albatron GF4 4200 Turbo - is it worth it?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

hassmh

Registered
I've seen a lot of recommendations for the Albatron GF4 4200 Turbo, but is it worth the $40+ over a regular old GF4 4200? Is it worth the ~$40 savings over a 4600?

Without going into too much detail...I'm looking for an nVidia GF4 Ti card that's going to give me good performance for not a lot of cost. If it OCs enough to justify the cost, I may go with the Albatron 4200 turbo, but any recommendations for nVidia GF4 Ti cards are welcome. I'd prefer to stay under $200 unless there's a 4600 that's really worth it.

TIA

Cisco Kid

from what I have seen it is worth it if you want a Ti based card. Other option is to wait for the 9500 PRO which by all reports looks good.

Here in Vancouver Canada I can buy a Ti4200 Albatron Turbo for $265 Canadian which is $170 US

here is the link they do ship to the US, if you are interested cause it will keep ya under $200 as you mentioned
www.atic.ca

Cisco KId

maxima88

I think that after the Albatron, the next best TI4200 would be the MSI and the Gainward 128mb model.

OP
hassmh

hassmh

Registered
I won't buy an ATI card. I have one already. I won't go into detail for the sake of my blood pressure. :mad:

Anyway, I like nVidia and I need a card, so I'm going to get one. As I'm somewhat new to vid card OCing, I would probably be better off with the Albatron Ti 4200 Turbo than buying a cheaper one and adding my own cooling, ramsinks, etc? That's really what I want to know. (Shoulda said that in my first post, huh?)

Mike K

Cisco Kid said:
from what I have seen it is worth it if you want a Ti based card. Other option is to wait for the 9500 PRO which by all reports looks good.

Here in Vancouver Canada I can buy a Ti4200 Albatron Turbo for $265 Canadian which is $170 US

here is the link they do ship to the US, if you are interested cause it will keep ya under $200 as you mentioned
www.atic.ca

Cisco KId

The Albatron is a Ti card. It is supposed to overclock great. And you won't need any additional cooling, it has a great copper hsf and already has ramsinks. $185 shipped at NewEgg

failsaf3

Registered
I have an Albtron 4600Ti. It's a great card. I've heard very good thing about the 4200 turbo and the benchmarks are impressive.

OP
hassmh

hassmh

Registered
Yeah, I'd be buying from NewEgg if I get the Albatron Turbo, which I think I will. Don't have the money to be messing with it too much, I might not even overclock it initially. I would like the option to max out my rig once I can afford to risk breaking stuff again, tho :burn:
Hopefully by Xmas I'll start work....Damn hobby costs too much!! :D

Thanks for the advice!

tainice

i think i will get the card..if i cannot find the dam triplex ti4600 that is. anyway, from reviews i read, the card can oc very well, beyond ti4600 range in almost every instance. And don't be affarid to "break" it because of ocing, cuz albatron does claim that the card will do at least the speed of 4600. it is a great card with great looking (what i am after), and impressive cooling devices (all copper hsf, and ramsinks)..i would definitely recommend this card.