• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Albatrron PX845PEV Pro

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

kramer

Registered
I've ordered the Albatron PX845PEV Pro Mobo and a P4 2.4gig\533mhz bus cpu along with a stick of Corsair l2 XMS pc3200 ram. Does anyone have any experience with this mobo combo. Did I make a good choice of components? I intend to OC it. 3gig would be satisfactory. Anyone? TIA for any responses. :)

thorn

Good! This is the motherboard I've been looking at. Please report back and let us know how you do as this motherboard looks to be one of, if not the, best bang for the buck mobo on the market.. Good Luck!

Silk Cut

Ten Four., thorn. I should have the processor on Monday. I ordered it from Antares computers whose salesman promised that it was a SL6EF. Although there was a slight language barrier problem so I will have to wait till it arrives. :|

thorn

Sweet! That's the combo I was going for along with some quick Corsair RAM. I'm upgrading from a 1.8a / 4SDA+ / Samsung 2700 setup, and I'm looking for 3ghz+. I think I'll give Antares computers a call.

Silk Cut

Well, I'm not sure yet it is a SL6EF. I'll report back Monday when I have the Chip in hand. Wish me luck!:)

Silk Cut

Muhahahahaaha just got the retail processor it is an SL6EF!!

FPO batch# 3233a236 pack date 9/26/02 version#c10670-001

MM# 849114 Prod code: BX80532PE2400DSL6EF

HOOO-RAHHH Purchased from Antares computing inc.

I'll report back when I've been able to test it with the Albatron board. :)

thorn

That kicks ***, dude. I like antec PS, but I think my next one may be one of those vantec stealth. The amperage on the 520w blows the 550w antec away. Let us know how high that C1 will go.. I'll be checking out Antares, what was your salesman's name?

OP
K

kramer

Registered
Sorry, I don't think I even got his name when I ordered much less remember it now. He was asian and the receptionist was asian also from their accents. He kept saying that was the only retail spec that they stock. He recommended ordering online so thats what I did and it worked out. I didnt even leave any comments on the order and I got this SL6EF. If I were you , I'd try to find a comments space on the order form and let them know exactly what you want just to be safe. But I didn't see any comments section. good luck. :)

OP
K

kramer

Registered
Heh Heh, yes , one in the same. I was at home for some of the posts and didnt have the password for the account that I set up at work. Anyway, I got the chip to run at 3006.49 gig(wcpuid) by increasing voltage thus: CPU voltage-1.725, DDR voltage-2.8.
I'm using the Intel heatsink and fan. In running 3D Mark 2001, i got 15860 3dmarks. This was achieved in one evening of experimentation.
If it is stable here, i'm satisfied and wont try anymore. I have also purchased Microsoft Combat Flight sim 3. and will test it over the next days to determine stability.

Daemonfly

I got this board, with a 1.6A and 512 Corsair XMS 3500c2 and have been very happy with it. I had the onboard sound cut out in games, but a driver update fixed that. The BIOS OC settings could use a few more tweakage options, but overall it's been a damn good board.

Got my 1.6A up to 2.13 on 133FSB with a TINY copper 1U heatsink. Making a waterblock now, so that should go a lot higher ;)

OP
K

kramer

Registered
Good going! I was able to decrease the Vcore down to 1.700
from 1.725 and the DDR voltage down to 2.7 from 2.8. I ran 3dmark 2001 once through and played CFS3 (which is a somewhat problematic game to start with) for about 1hour in various dogfights without crashing. I know its still pretty hot tho with the Intel (heatstink)I guess it is still breaking in and I'll try to decrease voltages as it continues to get more efficient. Although it was several degrees colder in the room than the previous nights. Fingers crossed. Great board, very happy.:)

OP
K

kramer

Registered
False alarm, I had to set it back to Vcore 1.725 ddr 2.8 as it was crashingat those settingxs. One problem of this setup however is that the system will not restart when overclocked. The only way to restart is to shut down then turn it back on. Anyone know of a remedy to this problem other than running at defaults. TIA for all responses. :)

Daemonfly

I don't have the restart problem, but then again I'm waiting on finishing my waterblock before I push it more.

fUzZ bUnNy

I have this board with corsair xms 2700 and a retail 2.26. I also have the windows bios loader when i press restart. Therefore, I have to shut down and restart, but I also have a driver issue that I can't solve. I can't find the driver for the USB controller for windows 2000! But i can still use all my usb devices. Any suggestions?

Fuzz Bunny

P.S. I too am switching to water soon, when I get my swiftech block in, but I have 1:1 memory settings and the 2.26 runs at 2.72. or 160fsb. with the retail heatsink/ fan

Daemonfly

Actually, I have the same USB problem.

I think it's the USB 2.0 part, if you go to Albatron's website, they have a link to Microsoft's site for the driver, BUT when you click that link, you can't find it anywhere and it's NOT available from Windows Update. Looks like it's a MS driver issue.

The USB should work fine though, but I'm not sure if it runs at USB 2.0 or not as I don't have any 2.0 devices :p

fUzZ bUnNy

I was just in the memory section digging around and i think that my memory settings are more aggressive so that is why I have the restart prob. If I was to ease up on them, the issue would go away because right now i am at 2-2-2-6. and my memory is certified for 2-3-3-6. that with the 1-1 ratio and 160 fsb cripples the memory on the occasional restart. this is just a theory, i will test it latter by messing with the settings.